Dec 5, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
Tuesday night was a busy one for CBB enthusiasts. The Morning Mix is here to make sure you are adequately educated on all the happenings from the college basketball world.
Let’s hit the links.
Monday’s Top Games:
7:00 p.m. – No. 6 Florida @ Florida State
7:00 p.m. – Ohio @ Memphis
7:00 p.m. – Tennessee @ Virginia
7:30 p.m. – West Virginia vs. Marshall
8:00 p.m. – Arkansas-Pine Bluff @ No. 19 Michigan State
8:00 p.m. – North Texas @ Saint Louis
8:00 p.m. – Charlotte @ Davidson
8:05 p.m. – Saint Mary’s @ Drake
8:30 p.m. – Boise State @ Utah
9:00 p.m. – South Florida @ No. 23 Oklahoma State
9:00 p.m. – Penn State vs. La Salle (NBC Sports Network)
9:00 p.m. – Temple @ Villanova
9:00 p.m. – Dayton @ Alabama
10:30 p.m. – Colorado State @ Coloado
10:00 p.m. – USC @ No. 18 New Mexico
11:00 p.m. – No. 10 Gonzaga @ Washington State
Picture of the Day:
UCLA students had no interest in attending the Bruin’s make-up exhibition game against Cal State San Marcos (From @SamStrong)
Read of the Day:
Rumors regarding the personal life of Villanova head coach Jay Wright took over twitter yesterday. VUHoops.com dispells all thoughts and notions that Jay Wright will step down as head coach of the Wildcats (VUHoops.com)
- Highly-touted big-man Karl Towns annouced his intetions to reclasify to 2014 and will attend Kentucky. The St. Joseph’s High School star player for John Calipari on the Dominican national team this summer.(New jersey Hoops Haven)
- Utah State guard Danny Berger collapsed during practice yesterday. He was revived on the court but taken to the hospital in critical condition (Salt Lake Tribune)
- Speaking of Utah State, their game against BYU scheduled for later today has been postponed (Deseret News)
- Tulsa Athletic Director Ross Parmley has been fired becuase of his involvement in a federal gambling probe (The Oklahoman)
Observations & Insight:
- Arizona’s Mark Lyons has been struggling recently, and it hit rock bottom last night, as he went 0-7 from the field. Luckily, the Wildcats persevered enough to defeat Southern Mississippi 63-65 (Arizona Daily Star)
- San Francisco moved to 5-1 after defeating St. John’s last night 81-65. The Dons saw seven players leave the program over the off-season. (Rumble in the Garden)
- Minnesota got a strong with over South Dakota State last night and it looks like Tubby Smith has a sqaud that can compete late into March (ESPN)
- Georgetown had serious roster turnove in the off-season thanks to graduation and NBA early entry. But despite an inexperienced starting lineup, the Hoyas have staying power (ESPN)
- San Diego State head coach Steve Fisher is not pleased with the number of technical fouls his team has already recieved (San Diego Union Tribune)
- A week ago, people had concerns about North Carolina State. But after a strong showing in the second half against UConn lsat night, the Wolfpack seem to be headed in the right direction (Sports Illustrated)
- Deandre Daniels was a highly touted recruit out of high school and has shown flashes now that he has a chance to log serious minutes for UConn. But head coach Kevin Ollie still thinks Daniels needs to step up (SNY.tv)
- Northwestern got a huge road victory over a Baylor team that just broke Kentucky’s 55-game home winning streak (The Dagger)
- A bunch of good uniform updates here from ESPN’s Uni Watch (ESPN)
Dunk of the Day:
Anthony Bennett may only be a freshman, but he knows how to finish a game
Do you like the new Morning Mix? Hate it? Have a suggestion or wanted something featured? Troy Machir will take all your praise, insults and inquiries via Twitter (@TroyMachir)
Nov 22, 2014, 11:33 PM EST
Most people already knew that Winslow’s a high-level athlete. Here’s some evidence for those who somehow didn’t.
Nov 22, 2014, 11:22 PM EST
Before their game against No. 21 Nebraska, Rhode Island took the floor in shirts honoring Avery Harriman.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:44 PM EST
Florida faces Georgetown in the opening round of the Battle 4 Atlantis Wednesday.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:37 PM EST
The score was tied 41-41 with six minutes to go. Rams and Cornhuskers traded the lead five times after that.
Nov 22, 2014, 8:06 PM EST
Wyoming may have scored just 56 points, but all 22 of their made field goals were assisted and they shot nearly 53 percent from the field.
Nov 22, 2014, 6:17 PM EST
Boutte’s shot came seconds after he corralled a wayward pass from teammate Marcellus Barksdale.
Nov 22, 2014, 5:43 PM EST
Eustachy led the Rams to a school-record 26 wins in 2012-13.
Nov 22, 2014, 4:58 PM EST
Meeks accounted for two double-doubles all season in 2013-14. He’s now matched that total through three games.
Nov 22, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Providence jumped out to a quick 9-0 lead and cruised to an easy win over Florida State.
Nov 22, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Notre Dame guards Demetrius Jackson and Jerian Grant played well to help lead the Irish to victory.
Nov 22, 2014, 1:40 PM EST
The 2015 CBE Classic will have a local flavor.
Nov 22, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Ball State will be without a key piece for the immediate future.
Nov 22, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
Florida will be without a key guard for at least a few games.
Nov 22, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
More depth is coming for the Aggies.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
A solid Saturday slate features multiple ranked teams in action.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
A tremendous story continues to get better as Lauren Hill surprised teammates and fans by checking into her second college basketball game and scoring again on Friday night.
Nov 22, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Cornell shouldn’t have given D.J. Newbill a chance.
Nov 21, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
Here is everything you need to know from Friday night hoops.
Nov 21, 2014, 11:45 PM EST
Florida nearly coughed up another win on Friday.
Nov 21, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Like the rest of the 2011 recruiting class, Jonathan Holmes could have left Texas. Instead he made the decision to stay, and he and the Longhorns are better because of it.
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)