Dec 5, 2012, 1:06 PM EDT
Utah State junior Danny Berger remains in critical condition at a Utah hospital after collapsing and losing consciousness at practice Tuesday, the Associated Press is reporting.
Berger reportedly stopped breathing after he collapsed and emergency responders had to use a defibrillator to restart the process. The cause of the incident is unknown and tests continue at Intermountain Medical Center to determine what went wrong Tuesday afternoon.
“Everybody is in shock, and in awe of how it can happen to such a good guy,” said Karson Kalian of Utah State’s HURD student section, via the AP. “He is one of the hardest-working people on the court. He’s got a lot of determination and shows a lot of heart.”
In the wake of the incident, reports are that Wednesday night’s game between Utah State and BYU has been postponed.
Berger is in his second season at Utah State after transferring from Chemeketa (Ore.) Community College. He is a native of Medford, Ore., and through five games this season has averaged 7.6 points and 3.6 rebounds per game.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)