Dec 5, 2012, 1:06 PM EDT
Utah State junior Danny Berger remains in critical condition at a Utah hospital after collapsing and losing consciousness at practice Tuesday, the Associated Press is reporting.
Berger reportedly stopped breathing after he collapsed and emergency responders had to use a defibrillator to restart the process. The cause of the incident is unknown and tests continue at Intermountain Medical Center to determine what went wrong Tuesday afternoon.
“Everybody is in shock, and in awe of how it can happen to such a good guy,” said Karson Kalian of Utah State’s HURD student section, via the AP. “He is one of the hardest-working people on the court. He’s got a lot of determination and shows a lot of heart.”
In the wake of the incident, reports are that Wednesday night’s game between Utah State and BYU has been postponed.
Berger is in his second season at Utah State after transferring from Chemeketa (Ore.) Community College. He is a native of Medford, Ore., and through five games this season has averaged 7.6 points and 3.6 rebounds per game.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 0
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)