Dec 5, 2012, 1:06 PM EDT
Utah State junior Danny Berger remains in critical condition at a Utah hospital after collapsing and losing consciousness at practice Tuesday, the Associated Press is reporting.
Berger reportedly stopped breathing after he collapsed and emergency responders had to use a defibrillator to restart the process. The cause of the incident is unknown and tests continue at Intermountain Medical Center to determine what went wrong Tuesday afternoon.
“Everybody is in shock, and in awe of how it can happen to such a good guy,” said Karson Kalian of Utah State’s HURD student section, via the AP. “He is one of the hardest-working people on the court. He’s got a lot of determination and shows a lot of heart.”
In the wake of the incident, reports are that Wednesday night’s game between Utah State and BYU has been postponed.
Berger is in his second season at Utah State after transferring from Chemeketa (Ore.) Community College. He is a native of Medford, Ore., and through five games this season has averaged 7.6 points and 3.6 rebounds per game.
- Latest mixtape for Dennis Smith Jr. shows how talented he is (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1