Dec 6, 2012, 7:55 PM EDT
King Rice has been suspended by Monmouth for one game as a result of comments he made about officials following his ejection in a blowout loss to Navy Wednesday night.
Rice will miss Saturday’s date with No. 4 Syracuse.
Here are the quotes that, I’m assuming, got Rice in trouble:
“Here’s the problem,” Rice said. “I don’t cuss at these guys, they’ve got a chip on their shoulder towards me,” he said specifically referring to officials Brian Dorsey and Steve Ruppenthal.
“Those two officials have a problem with King Rice for some reason and they showed it tonight,” he said.
Marilyn McNeil, the vice president and athletic director at Monmouth, told the AP that university doesn’t condone that kind of treatment of officials or the kind of behavior that goes against the spirit of sportsmanship.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 4
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)