Dec 6, 2012, 7:55 PM EDT
King Rice has been suspended by Monmouth for one game as a result of comments he made about officials following his ejection in a blowout loss to Navy Wednesday night.
Rice will miss Saturday’s date with No. 4 Syracuse.
Here are the quotes that, I’m assuming, got Rice in trouble:
“Here’s the problem,” Rice said. “I don’t cuss at these guys, they’ve got a chip on their shoulder towards me,” he said specifically referring to officials Brian Dorsey and Steve Ruppenthal.
“Those two officials have a problem with King Rice for some reason and they showed it tonight,” he said.
Marilyn McNeil, the vice president and athletic director at Monmouth, told the AP that university doesn’t condone that kind of treatment of officials or the kind of behavior that goes against the spirit of sportsmanship.
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)