Dec 6, 2012, 7:55 PM EDT
King Rice has been suspended by Monmouth for one game as a result of comments he made about officials following his ejection in a blowout loss to Navy Wednesday night.
Rice will miss Saturday’s date with No. 4 Syracuse.
Here are the quotes that, I’m assuming, got Rice in trouble:
“Here’s the problem,” Rice said. “I don’t cuss at these guys, they’ve got a chip on their shoulder towards me,” he said specifically referring to officials Brian Dorsey and Steve Ruppenthal.
“Those two officials have a problem with King Rice for some reason and they showed it tonight,” he said.
Marilyn McNeil, the vice president and athletic director at Monmouth, told the AP that university doesn’t condone that kind of treatment of officials or the kind of behavior that goes against the spirit of sportsmanship.
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 4
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 6
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 64
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 14
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (63)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)