Dec 6, 2012, 7:55 PM EDT
King Rice has been suspended by Monmouth for one game as a result of comments he made about officials following his ejection in a blowout loss to Navy Wednesday night.
Rice will miss Saturday’s date with No. 4 Syracuse.
Here are the quotes that, I’m assuming, got Rice in trouble:
“Here’s the problem,” Rice said. “I don’t cuss at these guys, they’ve got a chip on their shoulder towards me,” he said specifically referring to officials Brian Dorsey and Steve Ruppenthal.
“Those two officials have a problem with King Rice for some reason and they showed it tonight,” he said.
Marilyn McNeil, the vice president and athletic director at Monmouth, told the AP that university doesn’t condone that kind of treatment of officials or the kind of behavior that goes against the spirit of sportsmanship.
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)