Dec 6, 2012, 7:55 PM EDT
King Rice has been suspended by Monmouth for one game as a result of comments he made about officials following his ejection in a blowout loss to Navy Wednesday night.
Rice will miss Saturday’s date with No. 4 Syracuse.
Here are the quotes that, I’m assuming, got Rice in trouble:
“Here’s the problem,” Rice said. “I don’t cuss at these guys, they’ve got a chip on their shoulder towards me,” he said specifically referring to officials Brian Dorsey and Steve Ruppenthal.
“Those two officials have a problem with King Rice for some reason and they showed it tonight,” he said.
Marilyn McNeil, the vice president and athletic director at Monmouth, told the AP that university doesn’t condone that kind of treatment of officials or the kind of behavior that goes against the spirit of sportsmanship.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 22
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (26)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)