Dec 7, 2012, 12:55 PM EDT
The Creighton Bluejays took care of business on Thursday night, beating Nebraska 64-42 in Lincoln, but plenty would understand if their minds and hearts were occupied with the status of teammate Josh Jones.
Jones passed out during pregame warmups some 35 minutes before the game, a frightening situation when considering his past heart issues.
According to a statement released by Creighton this morning, Jones’ condition has been stabilized and he’s being transported back to Omaha for more tests.
And to clear up any confusion, he is not hospitalized. He will get some rest for a few days and undergo some more tests next week.—
Coach McDermott (@cucoachmac) December 07, 2012
“Josh’s condition has stabilized and he is in the process of being transferred to Omaha for additional testing. His health is our number one priority right now, but he will be off the court until results of some further testing comes in. We appreciate the support and well-wishes from across the state and nation, and look forward to his return to health.” – Greg McDermott
“I want to let everyone know that I am in good spirits and doing well. The support from Bluejay nation has been overwhelming and proves what the Creighton family is all about.” – Josh Jones
Jones hasn’t had any heart issues since infective endocarditis led to open heart surgery to replace his aortic valve in October 2007, but as coach McDermott noted in his brief postgame comment Thursday night the history means that Creighton will exercise caution in dealing with Jones’ health issue.
Jones has been a valuable reserve for the Bluejays this season, averaging 7.0 points and 2.4 rebounds per game, but how much Creighton loses with him out of the rotation isn’t as important as his health.
Jul 7, 2015, 9:06 PM EDT
Eron Harris averaged 17.2 points per game for West Virginia in the 2013-14 season.
Jul 7, 2015, 8:17 PM EDT
Jalen Brunson, Harry Giles, Jayson Tatum, Tyler Dorsey and Terrance Ferguson were included in the top plays.
Jul 7, 2015, 6:52 PM EDT
Mike Davis has one of the most entertaining players joining the program.
Jul 7, 2015, 5:16 PM EDT
Memphis loses its top scorer.
Jul 7, 2015, 4:21 PM EDT
The No. 1 player from 2010 turned into one of the biggest busts in recent memory.
Jul 7, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
See, he’s just a creepy fanboy like the rest of us!
Jul 7, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
Michigan State will be hosting Florida, with a return game in Gainesville in two years.
Jul 7, 2015, 11:16 AM EDT
The Jayhawks … err, Americans … are now 3-0 in the event.
Jul 7, 2015, 8:50 AM EDT
Read through my column on Georges Niang and Iowa State.
Jul 6, 2015, 10:47 PM EDT
Four-star point guard Payton Pritchard is going to explore his options heading into the July live evaluation period.
Jul 6, 2015, 10:25 PM EDT
Northwestern continues to get good local pick-ups in the 2016 class.
Jul 6, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
La Salle is losing an experienced guard to transfer.
Jul 6, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
One of Tennessee’s only options at point guard is enrolling closer to the school year.
Jul 6, 2015, 5:45 PM EDT
One of the better shooting guards in the country is focused on 10 schools.
Jul 6, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
Michigan is going with the Jumpman under its new apparel agreement.
Jul 6, 2015, 2:48 PM EDT
Kentucky had led the nation in average attendance for eight straight years.
Jul 6, 2015, 1:32 PM EDT
The top three in this group is debatable.
Jul 6, 2015, 12:53 PM EDT
Jonathan Isaac is loaded with potential.
Jul 6, 2015, 11:23 AM EDT
The front of the jersey said Kansas before.
Jul 6, 2015, 10:13 AM EDT
Two of the nation’s best high schoolers square off.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2010? 0
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)
- Austin Nichols looking to transfer from Memphis (2)
- Star Kansas freshman Carlton Bragg injured on trip to South Korea (1)