Dec 7, 2012, 12:23 AM EDT
Game of the Night
Vanderbilt 66, Xavier 64 OT: Kyle Fuller scored 12 of his career-high 25 points in overtime as the Commodores went into the Cintas Center and picked up a win they desperately needed, coming back from a 40-27 deficit early in the second half. Fuller gave Vandy the lead for god with 1:26 left in overtime on a leaner in the lane and followed that up with an and-one drive that pushed the lead to four. This is a bad loss for a Xavier team that had been a pleasant surprise early in the season. Vandy is young and, frankly, not very good. They lost to Marist by 17 already this season, scoring 33 points in the process.
No. 4 Syracuse 84, Long Beach State 53: CJ Fair went for 16 points and 13 boards and Michael Carter-Williams added 15 points and 10 assists as the Orange used a vicious press late in the second half to open up a 20 point lead. The 49ers were never able to respond.
No. 11 Cincinnati 87, Arkansas-Little Rock 53: The Bearcats got 18 points from Sean Kilpatrick as they ran over UALR. The score was 44-17 at the half.
No. 17 San Diego State 84, UCSB 70: Chase Tapley went for 23 points and the Aztecs shot 11-17 from three in a win over the Gauchos.
LaDontae Henton, Providence: Henton went for 21 points and 17 boards while playing the full 40 minutes in a 72-57 win over in-state rival URI.
Greg Gantt, Florida Atlantic: Gantt had 34 points and seven boards as the Owls knocked off Stetson 88-78.
Doug McDermott, Creighton: McDermott went for 27 points on 10-19 shooting as the Bluejays beat their in-state rival Nebraska by 22.
James Ennis and Mike Caffey, LBSU: The 49ers shot 29.2% from the floor as a team, but their two stars — Ennis and Caffey — couldn’t hit anything. Ennis was 3-14 from the field and Caffey was 2-7. They’ll need to shoot better to have a shot at beating Ohio State in Columbus.
Arkansas-Little Rock: They had 32 turnovers against Cincinnati. 32. Thirty. Two.
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)