Dec 7, 2012, 12:23 AM EST
Game of the Night
Vanderbilt 66, Xavier 64 OT: Kyle Fuller scored 12 of his career-high 25 points in overtime as the Commodores went into the Cintas Center and picked up a win they desperately needed, coming back from a 40-27 deficit early in the second half. Fuller gave Vandy the lead for god with 1:26 left in overtime on a leaner in the lane and followed that up with an and-one drive that pushed the lead to four. This is a bad loss for a Xavier team that had been a pleasant surprise early in the season. Vandy is young and, frankly, not very good. They lost to Marist by 17 already this season, scoring 33 points in the process.
No. 4 Syracuse 84, Long Beach State 53: CJ Fair went for 16 points and 13 boards and Michael Carter-Williams added 15 points and 10 assists as the Orange used a vicious press late in the second half to open up a 20 point lead. The 49ers were never able to respond.
No. 11 Cincinnati 87, Arkansas-Little Rock 53: The Bearcats got 18 points from Sean Kilpatrick as they ran over UALR. The score was 44-17 at the half.
No. 17 San Diego State 84, UCSB 70: Chase Tapley went for 23 points and the Aztecs shot 11-17 from three in a win over the Gauchos.
LaDontae Henton, Providence: Henton went for 21 points and 17 boards while playing the full 40 minutes in a 72-57 win over in-state rival URI.
Greg Gantt, Florida Atlantic: Gantt had 34 points and seven boards as the Owls knocked off Stetson 88-78.
Doug McDermott, Creighton: McDermott went for 27 points on 10-19 shooting as the Bluejays beat their in-state rival Nebraska by 22.
James Ennis and Mike Caffey, LBSU: The 49ers shot 29.2% from the floor as a team, but their two stars — Ennis and Caffey — couldn’t hit anything. Ennis was 3-14 from the field and Caffey was 2-7. They’ll need to shoot better to have a shot at beating Ohio State in Columbus.
Arkansas-Little Rock: They had 32 turnovers against Cincinnati. 32. Thirty. Two.
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 0
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)