Dec 9, 2012, 9:27 PM EDT
A reporter’s biggest fear when using their cell phone to record a postgame press conference is to have it ring while the head coach is at the podium.
That’s exactly what happened to Bob Domine of WNDA Radio, who had a friend call his phone in the middle of Rick Pitino’s postgame press conference after No. 5 Louisville beat UMKC 99-47.
Luckily Pitino was in a good mood when the phone rang, because if not it’s highly unlikely that what you see below would have happened.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
A two-word reminder for any who use their cell phone to record a press conference: airplane mode.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)