Dec 9, 2012, 9:27 PM EDT
A reporter’s biggest fear when using their cell phone to record a postgame press conference is to have it ring while the head coach is at the podium.
That’s exactly what happened to Bob Domine of WNDA Radio, who had a friend call his phone in the middle of Rick Pitino’s postgame press conference after No. 5 Louisville beat UMKC 99-47.
Luckily Pitino was in a good mood when the phone rang, because if not it’s highly unlikely that what you see below would have happened.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
A two-word reminder for any who use their cell phone to record a press conference: airplane mode.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)