Dec 9, 2012, 9:27 PM EDT
A reporter’s biggest fear when using their cell phone to record a postgame press conference is to have it ring while the head coach is at the podium.
That’s exactly what happened to Bob Domine of WNDA Radio, who had a friend call his phone in the middle of Rick Pitino’s postgame press conference after No. 5 Louisville beat UMKC 99-47.
Luckily Pitino was in a good mood when the phone rang, because if not it’s highly unlikely that what you see below would have happened.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
A two-word reminder for any who use their cell phone to record a press conference: airplane mode.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)