Dec 9, 2012, 9:27 PM EDT
A reporter’s biggest fear when using their cell phone to record a postgame press conference is to have it ring while the head coach is at the podium.
That’s exactly what happened to Bob Domine of WNDA Radio, who had a friend call his phone in the middle of Rick Pitino’s postgame press conference after No. 5 Louisville beat UMKC 99-47.
Luckily Pitino was in a good mood when the phone rang, because if not it’s highly unlikely that what you see below would have happened.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
A two-word reminder for any who use their cell phone to record a press conference: airplane mode.
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 14
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field (15)