Dec 9, 2012, 9:27 PM EST
A reporter’s biggest fear when using their cell phone to record a postgame press conference is to have it ring while the head coach is at the podium.
That’s exactly what happened to Bob Domine of WNDA Radio, who had a friend call his phone in the middle of Rick Pitino’s postgame press conference after No. 5 Louisville beat UMKC 99-47.
Luckily Pitino was in a good mood when the phone rang, because if not it’s highly unlikely that what you see below would have happened.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
A two-word reminder for any who use their cell phone to record a press conference: airplane mode.
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 0
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)