Dec 9, 2012, 1:14 PM EDT
Indiana cruised to victory, 100-69, Saturday against Central Connecticut, but Victor Oladipo stole the show with his one-handed slam over a Terrell Allen. You can see it in the video below, courtesy of IU Athletics, beginning at about the 0:19 mark.
Now, there is plenty of blame to go around when a dunk like this happens. Oladipo more or less has a clear lane to the basket from the half-court line, giving him a full head of steam attacking the rim. It was a valiant effort by Allen to try for the block, but that’s the risk you run when trying to block a shot like that.
Check out the dunk and the rest of Indiana’s highlights below:
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 0
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 46
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 7
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 11
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 2
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (45)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)