Dec 9, 2012, 1:14 PM EDT
Indiana cruised to victory, 100-69, Saturday against Central Connecticut, but Victor Oladipo stole the show with his one-handed slam over a Terrell Allen. You can see it in the video below, courtesy of IU Athletics, beginning at about the 0:19 mark.
Now, there is plenty of blame to go around when a dunk like this happens. Oladipo more or less has a clear lane to the basket from the half-court line, giving him a full head of steam attacking the rim. It was a valiant effort by Allen to try for the block, but that’s the risk you run when trying to block a shot like that.
Check out the dunk and the rest of Indiana’s highlights below:
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 8 Kansas loses, but The Andrew Wiggins Show is what’s important 1
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 5
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (6)
- Bracketology: Eight teams in play for No. 1 seeds (6)