Dec 10, 2012, 7:50 PM EST
For the past day or so, rumors have been going around that Syracuse guard Michael Carter-Williams was arrested at a Lord & Taylor store at a local mall.
According to an article by Mike Waters of the Syracuse Post-Standard, Social media was the first place these rumors came about, with someone saying that they were the “first to see Michael Carter-Williams get arrested” on Sunday, with the scene being described as Carter-Williams being led with his hands behind his back outside the store on an escalator.
So far, none of the rumors are true. Syracuse police have offered no comment and — before taking it down — MCW tweeted that “bottom line I was not arrested”. So there’s that.
Apparently, no one is talking whether he was or was not cuffed and stuffed. For his sake, let’s hope not, because the sophomore has a bright future, both with the Orange and maybe in the NBA. He is currently averaging 12.4 points, a nation-leading 10.4 assists and 5.6 rebounds this season for the 8-0 Orange.
From the standpoint of anything happening to him, if no charges have been filed stemming from something that happened at a mall, then they probably won’t be. Any charges involving theft or disturbance, which is all you can really believe would be the charges that could come for anyone in this position (in a mall, in public, around retail) would be swift.
Anyway, looks like if the cops aren’t talking and the school isn’t talking and there’s no police report, there’s no story to it. Move along folks, nothing to see here.
David Harten is a sportswriter and college basketball blogger. You can follow him on Twitter at @David_Harten.
- Why Duke’s road win at Virginia was so shocking 0
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)