Dec 10, 2012, 7:50 PM EST
For the past day or so, rumors have been going around that Syracuse guard Michael Carter-Williams was arrested at a Lord & Taylor store at a local mall.
According to an article by Mike Waters of the Syracuse Post-Standard, Social media was the first place these rumors came about, with someone saying that they were the “first to see Michael Carter-Williams get arrested” on Sunday, with the scene being described as Carter-Williams being led with his hands behind his back outside the store on an escalator.
So far, none of the rumors are true. Syracuse police have offered no comment and — before taking it down — MCW tweeted that “bottom line I was not arrested”. So there’s that.
Apparently, no one is talking whether he was or was not cuffed and stuffed. For his sake, let’s hope not, because the sophomore has a bright future, both with the Orange and maybe in the NBA. He is currently averaging 12.4 points, a nation-leading 10.4 assists and 5.6 rebounds this season for the 8-0 Orange.
From the standpoint of anything happening to him, if no charges have been filed stemming from something that happened at a mall, then they probably won’t be. Any charges involving theft or disturbance, which is all you can really believe would be the charges that could come for anyone in this position (in a mall, in public, around retail) would be swift.
Anyway, looks like if the cops aren’t talking and the school isn’t talking and there’s no police report, there’s no story to it. Move along folks, nothing to see here.
David Harten is a sportswriter and college basketball blogger. You can follow him on Twitter at @David_Harten.
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game 4
- Colorado needs game-winner to serve as a catalyst for Askia Booker (VIDEO) 0
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again 3
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Figuring out the ACC 0
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games 4
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game (4)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)