Dec 10, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
For the past day or so, rumors have been going around that Syracuse guard Michael Carter-Williams was arrested at a Lord & Taylor store at a local mall.
According to an article by Mike Waters of the Syracuse Post-Standard, Social media was the first place these rumors came about, with someone saying that they were the “first to see Michael Carter-Williams get arrested” on Sunday, with the scene being described as Carter-Williams being led with his hands behind his back outside the store on an escalator.
So far, none of the rumors are true. Syracuse police have offered no comment and — before taking it down — MCW tweeted that “bottom line I was not arrested”. So there’s that.
Apparently, no one is talking whether he was or was not cuffed and stuffed. For his sake, let’s hope not, because the sophomore has a bright future, both with the Orange and maybe in the NBA. He is currently averaging 12.4 points, a nation-leading 10.4 assists and 5.6 rebounds this season for the 8-0 Orange.
From the standpoint of anything happening to him, if no charges have been filed stemming from something that happened at a mall, then they probably won’t be. Any charges involving theft or disturbance, which is all you can really believe would be the charges that could come for anyone in this position (in a mall, in public, around retail) would be swift.
Anyway, looks like if the cops aren’t talking and the school isn’t talking and there’s no police report, there’s no story to it. Move along folks, nothing to see here.
David Harten is a sportswriter and college basketball blogger. You can follow him on Twitter at @David_Harten.
May 30, 2015, 11:44 AM EDT
The extension would go through the 2019-20 season.
May 30, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Ferguson is at the Pangos All-American Camp.
May 29, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
Khalid El-Amin’s son has game.
May 29, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
Will Iowa State’s lone 2015 high school commit stay put if Fred Hoiberg leaves?
May 29, 2015, 6:45 PM EDT
Oklahoma State badly needed another big man and might have found some help.
May 29, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
Duke is getting another Parade National Player of the Year.
May 29, 2015, 4:03 PM EDT
With Fred Hoiberg being tabbed the frontrunner for the Bulls job, Hornacek’s name has come up as a possible replacement in Ames.
May 29, 2015, 2:44 PM EDT
Jones will undergo surgery June 1 in Baltimore.
May 29, 2015, 2:01 PM EDT
The last time these two teams met at a neutral site was back in 1992.
May 29, 2015, 12:54 PM EDT
Kansas also has plans to host former Providence center Paschal Chukwu in early June.
May 29, 2015, 9:36 AM EDT
Dai-Jon Parker played this past season at the University of Indianapolis.
May 28, 2015, 9:02 PM EDT
Fred Hoiberg’s status has impacted recruiting in multiple cases for Iowa State this spring.
May 28, 2015, 7:43 PM EDT
Big 12 tournaments held at the Sprint Center have averaged more than 18,000 fans per session.
May 28, 2015, 6:41 PM EDT
Each team will have three “permanent” opponents they’re guaranteed to play twice every season.
May 28, 2015, 5:46 PM EDT
Video surfaced showing that Alie-Cox wasn’t involved in the incident, contradicting a woman’s claim that he punched her in the face.
May 28, 2015, 4:04 PM EDT
UConn’s now added three transfers to the program this spring, two of whom will be eligible immediately as graduate students.
May 28, 2015, 3:24 PM EDT
Foster led Clemson to their only Elite 8 appearance in program history.
May 28, 2015, 2:07 PM EDT
Paige went to high school an hour from UNI’s campus.
May 28, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
Iowa State fans shouldn’t freak out too much.
May 28, 2015, 12:24 PM EDT
Dellavedova was a star with the Gaels before he became this year’s NBA Playoff star.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)