Dec 10, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
You may think that it’s a quiet week with finals and all, but we have a big announcement to make: NBC Sports and Yahoo! are partnering up:
Yahoo! and the NBC Sports Group today announced a content and promotional deal combining Yahoo! Sports’ original reporting expertise, coverage of big events, Rivals college content and popular fantasy sports products with NBC Sports Group’s growing digital assets and significant television promotion and integration. This alliance of two of the most trusted brands in sports will become the daily habit of fans looking for an all-star lineup of digital and on-air experiences.
What this means for CBT is … well … not all that much. We’re not going anywhere. Jeff Eisenberg, wh0 does terrific work over at The Dagger, isn’t going anywhere. This deal is about partnering up NBC’s access to television and video content with Yahoo!’s stable of world-class reporters, internet traffic, fantasy sports and, for college hoops, Rivals.com.
Long story short: it will be business as usual around these parts. We might have more traffic and commenters, you may see more videos featuring the likes of Pat Forde, Dan Wetzel and company, and more recruiting content during the spring and summer could end up in this space.
Now back to your regularly scheduled finals week boredom.
- Despite allegations Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 0
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 3
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 3
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights