Dec 10, 2012, 9:30 PM EST
You may think that it’s a quiet week with finals and all, but we have a big announcement to make: NBC Sports and Yahoo! are partnering up:
Yahoo! and the NBC Sports Group today announced a content and promotional deal combining Yahoo! Sports’ original reporting expertise, coverage of big events, Rivals college content and popular fantasy sports products with NBC Sports Group’s growing digital assets and significant television promotion and integration. This alliance of two of the most trusted brands in sports will become the daily habit of fans looking for an all-star lineup of digital and on-air experiences.
What this means for CBT is … well … not all that much. We’re not going anywhere. Jeff Eisenberg, wh0 does terrific work over at The Dagger, isn’t going anywhere. This deal is about partnering up NBC’s access to television and video content with Yahoo!’s stable of world-class reporters, internet traffic, fantasy sports and, for college hoops, Rivals.com.
Long story short: it will be business as usual around these parts. We might have more traffic and commenters, you may see more videos featuring the likes of Pat Forde, Dan Wetzel and company, and more recruiting content during the spring and summer could end up in this space.
Now back to your regularly scheduled finals week boredom.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)