Dec 10, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
You may think that it’s a quiet week with finals and all, but we have a big announcement to make: NBC Sports and Yahoo! are partnering up:
Yahoo! and the NBC Sports Group today announced a content and promotional deal combining Yahoo! Sports’ original reporting expertise, coverage of big events, Rivals college content and popular fantasy sports products with NBC Sports Group’s growing digital assets and significant television promotion and integration. This alliance of two of the most trusted brands in sports will become the daily habit of fans looking for an all-star lineup of digital and on-air experiences.
What this means for CBT is … well … not all that much. We’re not going anywhere. Jeff Eisenberg, wh0 does terrific work over at The Dagger, isn’t going anywhere. This deal is about partnering up NBC’s access to television and video content with Yahoo!’s stable of world-class reporters, internet traffic, fantasy sports and, for college hoops, Rivals.com.
Long story short: it will be business as usual around these parts. We might have more traffic and commenters, you may see more videos featuring the likes of Pat Forde, Dan Wetzel and company, and more recruiting content during the spring and summer could end up in this space.
Now back to your regularly scheduled finals week boredom.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle has formally declared for the NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 6
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)