Dec 10, 2012, 12:12 PM EST
It’s Finals Week, so you know what that means: college hoops takes a massive hit. There are seven games on the docket tonight.
So did ya’ll see that episode of Homeland last night?
Game of the Day: Bryant at Navy, 7:00 p.m.: Yeah, it’s that kind of night. This is the only game on the night that features two teams with more than two wins on the season, and one of those two (Navy) still has a losing record at 5-6. Bryant has won five of their last six games, which includes a two-point win at Boston College. Can the Bulldogs go into Annapolis and steal a win?
Who’s Getting Upset?: No. 15 Georgetown: The Hoyas have won two games at the Verizon Center in the last two weeks while scoring 46 points (against Towson) and 37 points (against Tennessee). They also “blew up” for 62 points in a win over Texas at Madison Square Garden. So there’s that, too.
For what it’s worth, I don’t think the Hoyas are going to lose. They’ve given up 117 points in their last three games. Longwood is averaging 55.7 points in their three road games and gave up 112 to Arkansas and 103 to Creighton. This should be a good chance for Georgetown to start finding a rhythm offensively.
Mid-Major Matchup of the Night: Seattle at Eastern Washington, 9:05 p.m.: Because they both have won at least one game.
Two things to watch for:
– Virginia Tech looks to bounce back against Mississippi Valley State at 7:00 p.m. back in Blacksburg. The Hokies lost their first game of the season on Saturday when Juwan Staten hit a driving layup with five seconds left on the clock at West Virginia.
– Detroit is just 2-4 on the season against Division I teams, and while Alabama State is about as low as it gets in Division I, this is still a chance for the Titans to try and work out some of the kinks of their slow start. Detroit was expected to compete with Valparaiso for the Horizon League title this season.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 5
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 12
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)