Dec 10, 2012, 12:12 PM EDT
It’s Finals Week, so you know what that means: college hoops takes a massive hit. There are seven games on the docket tonight.
So did ya’ll see that episode of Homeland last night?
Game of the Day: Bryant at Navy, 7:00 p.m.: Yeah, it’s that kind of night. This is the only game on the night that features two teams with more than two wins on the season, and one of those two (Navy) still has a losing record at 5-6. Bryant has won five of their last six games, which includes a two-point win at Boston College. Can the Bulldogs go into Annapolis and steal a win?
Who’s Getting Upset?: No. 15 Georgetown: The Hoyas have won two games at the Verizon Center in the last two weeks while scoring 46 points (against Towson) and 37 points (against Tennessee). They also “blew up” for 62 points in a win over Texas at Madison Square Garden. So there’s that, too.
For what it’s worth, I don’t think the Hoyas are going to lose. They’ve given up 117 points in their last three games. Longwood is averaging 55.7 points in their three road games and gave up 112 to Arkansas and 103 to Creighton. This should be a good chance for Georgetown to start finding a rhythm offensively.
Mid-Major Matchup of the Night: Seattle at Eastern Washington, 9:05 p.m.: Because they both have won at least one game.
Two things to watch for:
– Virginia Tech looks to bounce back against Mississippi Valley State at 7:00 p.m. back in Blacksburg. The Hokies lost their first game of the season on Saturday when Juwan Staten hit a driving layup with five seconds left on the clock at West Virginia.
– Detroit is just 2-4 on the season against Division I teams, and while Alabama State is about as low as it gets in Division I, this is still a chance for the Titans to try and work out some of the kinks of their slow start. Detroit was expected to compete with Valparaiso for the Horizon League title this season.
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)