Dec 10, 2012, 12:12 PM EDT
It’s Finals Week, so you know what that means: college hoops takes a massive hit. There are seven games on the docket tonight.
So did ya’ll see that episode of Homeland last night?
Game of the Day: Bryant at Navy, 7:00 p.m.: Yeah, it’s that kind of night. This is the only game on the night that features two teams with more than two wins on the season, and one of those two (Navy) still has a losing record at 5-6. Bryant has won five of their last six games, which includes a two-point win at Boston College. Can the Bulldogs go into Annapolis and steal a win?
Who’s Getting Upset?: No. 15 Georgetown: The Hoyas have won two games at the Verizon Center in the last two weeks while scoring 46 points (against Towson) and 37 points (against Tennessee). They also “blew up” for 62 points in a win over Texas at Madison Square Garden. So there’s that, too.
For what it’s worth, I don’t think the Hoyas are going to lose. They’ve given up 117 points in their last three games. Longwood is averaging 55.7 points in their three road games and gave up 112 to Arkansas and 103 to Creighton. This should be a good chance for Georgetown to start finding a rhythm offensively.
Mid-Major Matchup of the Night: Seattle at Eastern Washington, 9:05 p.m.: Because they both have won at least one game.
Two things to watch for:
- Virginia Tech looks to bounce back against Mississippi Valley State at 7:00 p.m. back in Blacksburg. The Hokies lost their first game of the season on Saturday when Juwan Staten hit a driving layup with five seconds left on the clock at West Virginia.
- Detroit is just 2-4 on the season against Division I teams, and while Alabama State is about as low as it gets in Division I, this is still a chance for the Titans to try and work out some of the kinks of their slow start. Detroit was expected to compete with Valparaiso for the Horizon League title this season.
Sep 30, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
A former Baylor commit is suing his former high school for allegedly altering his grades.
Sep 30, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
Missouri is losing a wing shooter.
Sep 30, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
Can an SEC program reel in a top-5 player in the 2015 class during a weekend visit?
Sep 30, 2014, 7:44 PM EDT
Harvard landed another quality recruit.
Sep 30, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
IUPUI unveiled a new court design this week.
Sep 30, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
Western Kentucky fans were given three options and selected one for the upcoming season.
Sep 30, 2014, 3:55 PM EDT
NBA teams know all about efficiency stats and advanced analytics. College freshmen and sophomores may not.
Sep 30, 2014, 1:56 PM EDT
Evans may be the best point guard in the Class of 2015, but it’s up for debate.
Sep 30, 2014, 1:17 PM EDT
Ernie Kent lands his third commitment in the Class of 2015.
Sep 30, 2014, 10:22 AM EDT
The pair will replace Digger Phelps and Jalen Rose.
Sep 30, 2014, 8:48 AM EDT
The Owls may not have landed Jalen Brunson, but they did bring in an elite “legacy” in the back court.
Sep 29, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
Long Beach State has four commits in 2015.
Sep 29, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
Pauley Pavilion has gone under plenty of changes in the last few seasons and dealt with a flooding issue several months back.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
UNLV continues to tap into the local powerhouse.
Sep 29, 2014, 7:47 PM EDT
All four commits are ranked in the Rivals150.
Sep 29, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Spoiler: Kentucky is going to dunk a lot this season.
Sep 29, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
A decision could come within the next three weeks.
Sep 29, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
John Calipari’s loaded roster has required a new position on the Kentucky staff.
Sep 29, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
Logwood had previously signed with Auburn.
Sep 29, 2014, 3:13 PM EDT
Spoelstra is now the head coach of the Miami Heat.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)