Dec 12, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
Chicago phenom Jabari Parker, the No. 2 overall prospect in the Class of 2013, will announce his college decision next week, the Chicago Sun-Times is reporting.
Parker is a 6-8, 220-pound prospect who has narrowed his choices to Duke, Michigan State, Florida, BYU, and Stanford. The Blue Devils and the Spartans are thought to be the two frontrunners for his services, having hosted him on well-publicized visits, but others remain in the race.
BYU gave Parker a grand welcome on his visit. The Cougars are in a unique position because of his Mormon faith. Florida has also made headway, as has Stanford.
Parker was the No. 1 prospect in his class for much of his recruitment, until top 2014 prospect Andrew Wiggins reclassified to 2013 and took over the top spot.
He is a versatile and athletic forward with a high basketball IQ, able to work on both the inside and outside offensively to score points. He has draw comparisons to NBA players that include Boston Celtics’ wing Paul Pierce.
Parker was in the news recently when he announced that he would be attending college during the 2013-14 school year and not immediately take part in a mission with the LDS Church.
To see high school highlights of Parker, click here.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)