Dec 12, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Chicago phenom Jabari Parker, the No. 2 overall prospect in the Class of 2013, will announce his college decision next week, the Chicago Sun-Times is reporting.
Parker is a 6-8, 220-pound prospect who has narrowed his choices to Duke, Michigan State, Florida, BYU, and Stanford. The Blue Devils and the Spartans are thought to be the two frontrunners for his services, having hosted him on well-publicized visits, but others remain in the race.
BYU gave Parker a grand welcome on his visit. The Cougars are in a unique position because of his Mormon faith. Florida has also made headway, as has Stanford.
Parker was the No. 1 prospect in his class for much of his recruitment, until top 2014 prospect Andrew Wiggins reclassified to 2013 and took over the top spot.
He is a versatile and athletic forward with a high basketball IQ, able to work on both the inside and outside offensively to score points. He has draw comparisons to NBA players that include Boston Celtics’ wing Paul Pierce.
Parker was in the news recently when he announced that he would be attending college during the 2013-14 school year and not immediately take part in a mission with the LDS Church.
To see high school highlights of Parker, click here.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)