Dec 13, 2012, 10:11 PM EDT
Reggie Moore, a longtime starter for the Washington State Cougars, was kicked off of the team back in September for yet another violation of team rules.
Moore finished up at Wazzu, however, and has now found a new home: Division II Western Washington.
“The coaches at Western told me that they really wanted me and I think it will be a good fit for me,” Moore told Cougfan.com, Washington State’s Scout site. “The biggest thing for me is that I found a place where I can be happy. I’m about to murder it when I go there. I’m focused.”
Moore had plenty of interest from other Division I schools — he mentioned Miami and Virginia Tech in the story — and also took a look overseas to see if that would be an option, but in the end, the opportunity to play his entire final year for the Division II national champs was too good to pass up.
“It was down to Western and Miami, but I didn’t want to have to sit out most of my senior season because of the transfer rules,” Moore said. “At Miami, I would have had to sit out until next January, so I would have missed 10-12 games. At Western I can play the whole season.”
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (2)