Dec 13, 2012, 10:11 PM EST
Reggie Moore, a longtime starter for the Washington State Cougars, was kicked off of the team back in September for yet another violation of team rules.
Moore finished up at Wazzu, however, and has now found a new home: Division II Western Washington.
“The coaches at Western told me that they really wanted me and I think it will be a good fit for me,” Moore told Cougfan.com, Washington State’s Scout site. “The biggest thing for me is that I found a place where I can be happy. I’m about to murder it when I go there. I’m focused.”
Moore had plenty of interest from other Division I schools — he mentioned Miami and Virginia Tech in the story — and also took a look overseas to see if that would be an option, but in the end, the opportunity to play his entire final year for the Division II national champs was too good to pass up.
“It was down to Western and Miami, but I didn’t want to have to sit out most of my senior season because of the transfer rules,” Moore said. “At Miami, I would have had to sit out until next January, so I would have missed 10-12 games. At Western I can play the whole season.”
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 4
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)