Dec 13, 2012, 9:24 PM EDT
The Big East’s seven basketball only schools are leaving the conference to form their own league.
Up to this point, it’s been unclear who the other teams will be that join them in that new league.
But according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Butler and Xavier will be a part of that newly established conference.
Whether that league eventually grows to 10 or 12 teams in unknown at this point in time. VCU, Creighton, Dayton and St. Louis have all been mentioned in conjunction with the Catholic 7, while rumors have spread as far as Gonzaga and St. Mary’s.
This break up may not end up being all bad for the basketball schools.
- Watch live: Red Wings at Blackhawks
- Watch live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas