Dec 13, 2012, 9:24 PM EDT
The Big East’s seven basketball only schools are leaving the conference to form their own league.
Up to this point, it’s been unclear who the other teams will be that join them in that new league.
But according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Butler and Xavier will be a part of that newly established conference.
Whether that league eventually grows to 10 or 12 teams in unknown at this point in time. VCU, Creighton, Dayton and St. Louis have all been mentioned in conjunction with the Catholic 7, while rumors have spread as far as Gonzaga and St. Mary’s.
This break up may not end up being all bad for the basketball schools.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)