Dec 14, 2012, 12:51 AM EST
Game of the Night
Tennessee 69, No. 23 Wichita State 60: This was a long way from what you might refer to as a “pretty” game, but it certainly was a statement win for the Vols. With Jeronne Maymon still injured and Jarnell Stokes incapable of staying on the floor due to foul trouble, Tennessee still managed to find a way to beat a very good Wichita State team. Trae Golden had 25 points and five assists while Jordan McRae added 17 points of his own, but it was UT’s defense that won this game. Carl Hall had 21 points and nine boards on 9-10 shooting. The rest of the Shocker roster? They have 39 points on 26.7% shooting (12-45).
Belmont 64, Middle Tennessee State 49: The Bruins got 32 points, 10 boards and nine assists from their back court duo of Kerron Johnson and Ian Clark, as they turned a 24-22 deficit late in the first half into a 40-27 lead just a couple of minutes into the second half. you can go ahead and slide this win into the ‘quality victory’ category for Belmont, even if it won’t necessarily look that way come Selection Sunday. MTSU is a talented veteran team that was coming off of a win over Ole Miss.
Scott Suggs, Washington: Suggs had 24 points and five boards as Washington won the city showdown against Seattle, 87-74. More impressive? He did it while dealing with leg cramps throughout much of the game.
Charleston: They lost to Anderson. By 16. That’s not a person; it’s a Division II team. I think we could also put Baylor down as a team that struggled, because the Cougars beat the Bears in Waco.
The Rest of the Top 25
– No. 20 UNLV 91, La Verne 44
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 0
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 1
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)