Dec 14, 2012, 12:51 AM EST
Game of the Night
Tennessee 69, No. 23 Wichita State 60: This was a long way from what you might refer to as a “pretty” game, but it certainly was a statement win for the Vols. With Jeronne Maymon still injured and Jarnell Stokes incapable of staying on the floor due to foul trouble, Tennessee still managed to find a way to beat a very good Wichita State team. Trae Golden had 25 points and five assists while Jordan McRae added 17 points of his own, but it was UT’s defense that won this game. Carl Hall had 21 points and nine boards on 9-10 shooting. The rest of the Shocker roster? They have 39 points on 26.7% shooting (12-45).
Belmont 64, Middle Tennessee State 49: The Bruins got 32 points, 10 boards and nine assists from their back court duo of Kerron Johnson and Ian Clark, as they turned a 24-22 deficit late in the first half into a 40-27 lead just a couple of minutes into the second half. you can go ahead and slide this win into the ‘quality victory’ category for Belmont, even if it won’t necessarily look that way come Selection Sunday. MTSU is a talented veteran team that was coming off of a win over Ole Miss.
Scott Suggs, Washington: Suggs had 24 points and five boards as Washington won the city showdown against Seattle, 87-74. More impressive? He did it while dealing with leg cramps throughout much of the game.
Charleston: They lost to Anderson. By 16. That’s not a person; it’s a Division II team. I think we could also put Baylor down as a team that struggled, because the Cougars beat the Bears in Waco.
The Rest of the Top 25
- No. 20 UNLV 91, La Verne 44
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Sophomore forward Semi Ojeleye to transfer from Duke (3)