Dec 15, 2012, 12:41 PM EDT
It was clear that Jabari Parker, one of the nation’s top seniors, wasn’t 100 percent during Simeon (Ill.) 67-57 loss to DeSoto High (Tex.) on Thursday night.
The 6-foot-8 small forward was limited to just five points. Parker is still recovering from a fractured right foot he suffered in the summer that sidelined him for four months.
Following the game, ESPN’s Dave Telep reported that Parker isn’t even 100 percent certain on where he will attend college, a decision he is scheduled to make on Thursday at 4 p.m. ET.
“To be honest, he hasn’t told anyone,” Simeon head coach Robert Smith told Telep. “He just said Thursday. This is what he wants. I think he’s 90 percent sure if he’s not 100 percent sure on where he wants to go.”
Smith also told Telep that Parker wants to put an end to the recruiting process and focus on winning another Illinois state title.
“I just want to get it over with,” Parker told Telep before Simeon’s game against DeSoto. “It’s not like I’m signing. This is where I can go and just play in the season.”
Parker had previously cut down his list to five schools – Duke, Michigan State, Florida, BYU, and Stanford – but many, including Parker’s father, Sonny, believe it’s between Duke and Michigan State.
Parker took his first two visits to East Lansing and Durham earlier this fall. The Chicago native was at Michigan State for his first official visit in mid-October, followed by an official visit to Duke the next weekend.
Previously, Parker’s father told ESPNChicago.com that Tom Izzo has been recruiting his son since the ninth grade and has developed a strong relationship with Parker’s family.
Duke has remained in the mix as well, with Coach K – and Izzo – both in attendance for Thursday’s game. Matt Jones, a Duke commit had 23 points for DeSoto High in the win over Simeon.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)