Dec 15, 2012, 12:15 AM EDT
Game of the Night
UCF 75, Old Dominion 71
Of the few close games on the slate Friday night, four players scored in double figures for UCF on the way to a close win on the road. Calvin Newell led the way with 17 points, along with Keith Clanton’s 14. After an Old Dominion layup with 22 seconds remaining, but UCF free throws sealed it down the stretch.
Aaron Bacote scored 19 points for Old Dominion, including 6-of-8 shooting from three-point range.
The win extends UCF’s winning streak to four games.
Boise State 89, LSU 70
The Broncos became a mid-major underdog you could root for after beating a ranked Creighton team and running Michigan State to the wire. Friday night, Leon Rice’s team used a strong first half to stay in control most of the night vs. previously undefeated LSU. Anthony Dmric had 34 points for Boise State in the win.
Miami 77, Charlotte 46
The 49ers were undefeated coming into Friday night’s game against Miami and left with a blowout loss. Durand Scott had 16 points and 12 rebounds for the Hurricanes, who are beginning to gain some steam after their early season loss to Florida Gulf Coast. Kenny Kadji led Miami with 17 points. Miami has three games left before conference play against Georgia Tech.
Marshall Henderson Shot Tracker
Henderson was the key to the Rebels’ 77-55 win over East Tennessee State with 22 points on 7-of-15 shooting from the field. As usual, he was launching from three-point range Friday night, going 6-of-13 from distance. That brings his three-point shooting percentage to 32.5 percent on the year.
Anthony Dmric, Boise State: 34 points in win over LSU
Durand Scott, Miami: 16 points, 12 rebounds in win over Charlotte
Terrence Williams, Charlotte: Williams is averaging just over nine points per game, but shot 0-of-8 from the floor against Miami. He also picked up four personal fouls. He wasn’t the only 49er to struggled Friday though, as the team shot 32 percent from the floor overall, including 2-of-14 from three-point range.
The Rest of the Top 25
No Top 25 games Friday night.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (4)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)