Dec 16, 2012, 6:40 PM EDT
After sitting out Louisville’s first ten games after suffering a concussion, sophomore forward Angel Nunez has made the decision to transfer, as announced by Louisville head coach Rick Pitino on Sunday.
Per #UofL coach Rick Pitino, sophomore forward Angel Nunez is leaving the program and will transfer at the semester break.—
Eric Crawford (@ericcrawford) December 16, 2012
With starting center Gorgui Dieng on the mend and players like Chane Behanan, Montrezl Harrell and Stephen Van Treese also seeing minutes, it was pretty clear that Nunez would have a hard time earning playing time.
Last season Nunez played in 12 games (4.6 minutes per game), averaging 2.0 points per game. His most productive outing was a seven-point outing in an early season win over IUPUI. However, Nunez also accounted for six points in the Cardinals’ 80-59 win over Connecticut on February 6.
Nunez played a season-high 12 minutes in the Cardinals’ 90-59 loss at Providence on January 10, scoring six points and committing two turnovers.
Nunez, who made his decision to attend Louisville due to the fact that idol Francisco Garcia attended the school, picked the Cardinals over Florida, Miami and West Virginia back in September 2010. There have been no reports in regards to what schools Nunez is considering transferring to.
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)