Dec 16, 2012, 6:40 PM EST
After sitting out Louisville’s first ten games after suffering a concussion, sophomore forward Angel Nunez has made the decision to transfer, as announced by Louisville head coach Rick Pitino on Sunday.
Per #UofL coach Rick Pitino, sophomore forward Angel Nunez is leaving the program and will transfer at the semester break.—
Eric Crawford (@ericcrawford) December 16, 2012
With starting center Gorgui Dieng on the mend and players like Chane Behanan, Montrezl Harrell and Stephen Van Treese also seeing minutes, it was pretty clear that Nunez would have a hard time earning playing time.
Last season Nunez played in 12 games (4.6 minutes per game), averaging 2.0 points per game. His most productive outing was a seven-point outing in an early season win over IUPUI. However, Nunez also accounted for six points in the Cardinals’ 80-59 win over Connecticut on February 6.
Nunez played a season-high 12 minutes in the Cardinals’ 90-59 loss at Providence on January 10, scoring six points and committing two turnovers.
Nunez, who made his decision to attend Louisville due to the fact that idol Francisco Garcia attended the school, picked the Cardinals over Florida, Miami and West Virginia back in September 2010. There have been no reports in regards to what schools Nunez is considering transferring to.
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 2
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 1
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)