Dec 17, 2012, 1:45 PM EDT
Wichita State suffered a big blow on Monday afternoon, as it was announced that Carl Hall, who leads the team in scoring (13.9 points) and rebounding (7.6 boards) will be out a month.
On Saturday, Hall injured his right hand in practice. And on Monday, it was announced that Hall will undergo surgery on his right thumb, which he broke. He’ll go under the knife on Tuesday and will miss a month.
This is a huge loss for the Shockers. In addition to being the team’s leading scorer and rebounder, Hall is the toughest and most physical player on a team that relies on toughness and physicality. He’s a load on the block, as evidenced in Tuesday’s loss to Tennessee. Hall finished with 21 points on 9-10 shooting with nine boards while fouling out Jarnell Stokes.
Wichita State kicks off conference play on December 30th against Northern Iowa. They have their first date with Creighton on January 19th.
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 2
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 2
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte