Dec 17, 2012, 1:45 PM EST
Wichita State suffered a big blow on Monday afternoon, as it was announced that Carl Hall, who leads the team in scoring (13.9 points) and rebounding (7.6 boards) will be out a month.
On Saturday, Hall injured his right hand in practice. And on Monday, it was announced that Hall will undergo surgery on his right thumb, which he broke. He’ll go under the knife on Tuesday and will miss a month.
This is a huge loss for the Shockers. In addition to being the team’s leading scorer and rebounder, Hall is the toughest and most physical player on a team that relies on toughness and physicality. He’s a load on the block, as evidenced in Tuesday’s loss to Tennessee. Hall finished with 21 points on 9-10 shooting with nine boards while fouling out Jarnell Stokes.
Wichita State kicks off conference play on December 30th against Northern Iowa. They have their first date with Creighton on January 19th.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 1
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (4)