Dec 17, 2012, 1:45 PM EDT
Wichita State suffered a big blow on Monday afternoon, as it was announced that Carl Hall, who leads the team in scoring (13.9 points) and rebounding (7.6 boards) will be out a month.
On Saturday, Hall injured his right hand in practice. And on Monday, it was announced that Hall will undergo surgery on his right thumb, which he broke. He’ll go under the knife on Tuesday and will miss a month.
This is a huge loss for the Shockers. In addition to being the team’s leading scorer and rebounder, Hall is the toughest and most physical player on a team that relies on toughness and physicality. He’s a load on the block, as evidenced in Tuesday’s loss to Tennessee. Hall finished with 21 points on 9-10 shooting with nine boards while fouling out Jarnell Stokes.
Wichita State kicks off conference play on December 30th against Northern Iowa. They have their first date with Creighton on January 19th.
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 7
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 4
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)