Dec 17, 2012, 1:45 PM EDT
Wichita State suffered a big blow on Monday afternoon, as it was announced that Carl Hall, who leads the team in scoring (13.9 points) and rebounding (7.6 boards) will be out a month.
On Saturday, Hall injured his right hand in practice. And on Monday, it was announced that Hall will undergo surgery on his right thumb, which he broke. He’ll go under the knife on Tuesday and will miss a month.
This is a huge loss for the Shockers. In addition to being the team’s leading scorer and rebounder, Hall is the toughest and most physical player on a team that relies on toughness and physicality. He’s a load on the block, as evidenced in Tuesday’s loss to Tennessee. Hall finished with 21 points on 9-10 shooting with nine boards while fouling out Jarnell Stokes.
Wichita State kicks off conference play on December 30th against Northern Iowa. They have their first date with Creighton on January 19th.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Can Green Bay take the next step, represent the Horizon League in the Tournament? 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)