Dec 17, 2012, 1:45 PM EDT
Wichita State suffered a big blow on Monday afternoon, as it was announced that Carl Hall, who leads the team in scoring (13.9 points) and rebounding (7.6 boards) will be out a month.
On Saturday, Hall injured his right hand in practice. And on Monday, it was announced that Hall will undergo surgery on his right thumb, which he broke. He’ll go under the knife on Tuesday and will miss a month.
This is a huge loss for the Shockers. In addition to being the team’s leading scorer and rebounder, Hall is the toughest and most physical player on a team that relies on toughness and physicality. He’s a load on the block, as evidenced in Tuesday’s loss to Tennessee. Hall finished with 21 points on 9-10 shooting with nine boards while fouling out Jarnell Stokes.
Wichita State kicks off conference play on December 30th against Northern Iowa. They have their first date with Creighton on January 19th.
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)