Dec 17, 2012, 10:11 AM EDT
Virginia Tech entered this season short-handed, as Seth Greenberg’s untimely firing coupled with Motrezl Harrell and Dorian Finney-Smith leaving before giving new head coach James Johnson a chance severely limited the Hokie rotation.
That rotation is now down to seven players, as freshman Marshall Wood fractured the third metatarsal bone in his left foot and will be out indefinitely.
“I feel extremely bad for Marshall,” Johnson said. “This young man has been playing well. He was really starting to come into his own and playing with confidence. He has been helping the team in a lot of ways. This is a setback to Marshall and setback to our team.”
This is a bigger problem for the Hokies than it would be for another program due to the uptempo system that Johnson wants to play. After a 7-0 start, Virginia Tech has lost two of their last three games, at West Virginia and, on Saturday, at home to Georgia Southern. Does that have anything to do with the lack of depth on the roster? Who knows, but we’ll find out in the coming weeks just how capable Virginia Tech is of handling those depth issues. They play at BYU on December 29th and start ACC play the following week.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)