Dec 18, 2012, 11:02 PM EDT
Briante Weber scored 14 points for VCU as the Rams drubbed a short-handed Western Kentucky team 76-44.
The Hilltoppers came into this game with a little bit of hype, but playing without TJ Price and Jamal Crook, their two leading scorers and starters in the back court, WKU simply had no chance. They committed 32 turnovers against VCU’s pressure defense and managed to shoot just 35.7% from the floor. The Hilltoppers had more turnovers than points at the half.
I’ll refrain from making too much of a judgement on the Rams after this win, but the bottom line is the same as it ever was: those boys are good.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 5
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was (5)