Dec 18, 2012, 11:02 PM EDT
Briante Weber scored 14 points for VCU as the Rams drubbed a short-handed Western Kentucky team 76-44.
The Hilltoppers came into this game with a little bit of hype, but playing without TJ Price and Jamal Crook, their two leading scorers and starters in the back court, WKU simply had no chance. They committed 32 turnovers against VCU’s pressure defense and managed to shoot just 35.7% from the floor. The Hilltoppers had more turnovers than points at the half.
I’ll refrain from making too much of a judgement on the Rams after this win, but the bottom line is the same as it ever was: those boys are good.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)