Dec 18, 2012, 11:02 PM EDT
Briante Weber scored 14 points for VCU as the Rams drubbed a short-handed Western Kentucky team 76-44.
The Hilltoppers came into this game with a little bit of hype, but playing without TJ Price and Jamal Crook, their two leading scorers and starters in the back court, WKU simply had no chance. They committed 32 turnovers against VCU’s pressure defense and managed to shoot just 35.7% from the floor. The Hilltoppers had more turnovers than points at the half.
I’ll refrain from making too much of a judgement on the Rams after this win, but the bottom line is the same as it ever was: those boys are good.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)