Dec 18, 2012, 11:02 PM EDT
Briante Weber scored 14 points for VCU as the Rams drubbed a short-handed Western Kentucky team 76-44.
The Hilltoppers came into this game with a little bit of hype, but playing without TJ Price and Jamal Crook, their two leading scorers and starters in the back court, WKU simply had no chance. They committed 32 turnovers against VCU’s pressure defense and managed to shoot just 35.7% from the floor. The Hilltoppers had more turnovers than points at the half.
I’ll refrain from making too much of a judgement on the Rams after this win, but the bottom line is the same as it ever was: those boys are good.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)