Dec 18, 2012, 11:02 PM EDT
Briante Weber scored 14 points for VCU as the Rams drubbed a short-handed Western Kentucky team 76-44.
The Hilltoppers came into this game with a little bit of hype, but playing without TJ Price and Jamal Crook, their two leading scorers and starters in the back court, WKU simply had no chance. They committed 32 turnovers against VCU’s pressure defense and managed to shoot just 35.7% from the floor. The Hilltoppers had more turnovers than points at the half.
I’ll refrain from making too much of a judgement on the Rams after this win, but the bottom line is the same as it ever was: those boys are good.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)