Dec 18, 2012, 11:02 PM EDT
Briante Weber scored 14 points for VCU as the Rams drubbed a short-handed Western Kentucky team 76-44.
The Hilltoppers came into this game with a little bit of hype, but playing without TJ Price and Jamal Crook, their two leading scorers and starters in the back court, WKU simply had no chance. They committed 32 turnovers against VCU’s pressure defense and managed to shoot just 35.7% from the floor. The Hilltoppers had more turnovers than points at the half.
I’ll refrain from making too much of a judgement on the Rams after this win, but the bottom line is the same as it ever was: those boys are good.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 1
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 6
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 6
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 6
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 67
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (67)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)