Dec 19, 2012, 11:44 AM EDT
There’s nothing quite as sweet as the unfiltered joy of a broadcaster calling an Atlantic Sun buzzer beater. We were graced with some more gold Tuesday night, when Chris Perez’s layup at the buzzer gave Stetson a 69-68 win over Florida Atlantic and sent play-by-play man Robbie Aaron into a tizzy.
For Stetson, the circumstances of the win made it even sweeter. The victory snapped a six-game losing streak and avenged a loss to FAU on Dec. 6.
Check out the video below, cracking microphone and all:
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 4
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Five ACC, three Pac-12 teams headed to Sweet 16 (22)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (19)
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field (15)