Dec 19, 2012, 6:30 PM EDT
We have our first coaching change of the season.
On Wednesday, news broke that Ronnie Arrow would be retiring, effective immediately, as the head coach at South Alabama. Assistant Jeff Price, who has won over 300 games as a head coach at Lynn University, Georgia Southern and West Virginia Wesleyan, is expected to take over.
This was Arrow’s second stint at South Alabama. He was at the school from 1985-1993 and returned in 2007 after leading Texas A&M-CC to their first NCAA tournament.
The timing of this decision is curious. The Jaguars were 5-5 on the season and actually had some talent on their roster. They beat Florida State on the first night of the season.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2010? 0
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)