Dec 19, 2012, 6:30 PM EDT
We have our first coaching change of the season.
On Wednesday, news broke that Ronnie Arrow would be retiring, effective immediately, as the head coach at South Alabama. Assistant Jeff Price, who has won over 300 games as a head coach at Lynn University, Georgia Southern and West Virginia Wesleyan, is expected to take over.
This was Arrow’s second stint at South Alabama. He was at the school from 1985-1993 and returned in 2007 after leading Texas A&M-CC to their first NCAA tournament.
The timing of this decision is curious. The Jaguars were 5-5 on the season and actually had some talent on their roster. They beat Florida State on the first night of the season.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)