Dec 20, 2012, 4:22 PM EDT
Christmas came five days early for Duke fans, as 2013 forward Jabari Parker announced his decision to play for Mike Krzyzewski in a press conference held at Simeon Career Academy in Chicago.
The latest in a long line of elite basketball players to attend Simeon, Parker chose the Blue Devils over Michigan State, BYU, Florida and Stanford. Parker cited his comfort with head coach Mike Krzyzewski as a major reason for his decision.
With Parker’s decision Duke will now welcome three highly regarded players to campus next year.
Parker joins shooting guard Matt Jones and power forward Semi Ojeyele, both of whom are ranked among the top prospects in the country at their respective positions.
Adding this trio will help the Blue Devils address the departures of Seth Curry, Ryan Kelly and Mason Plumlee. It will only help matters that Mississippi State transfer Rodney Hood, who is sitting out this season per NCAA transfer rules, becomes eligible as well.
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 3
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 12
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? 11
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Former Duke guard speaks publicly for first time since dismissal from team (5)