Dec 20, 2012, 4:22 PM EST
Christmas came five days early for Duke fans, as 2013 forward Jabari Parker announced his decision to play for Mike Krzyzewski in a press conference held at Simeon Career Academy in Chicago.
The latest in a long line of elite basketball players to attend Simeon, Parker chose the Blue Devils over Michigan State, BYU, Florida and Stanford. Parker cited his comfort with head coach Mike Krzyzewski as a major reason for his decision.
With Parker’s decision Duke will now welcome three highly regarded players to campus next year.
Parker joins shooting guard Matt Jones and power forward Semi Ojeyele, both of whom are ranked among the top prospects in the country at their respective positions.
Adding this trio will help the Blue Devils address the departures of Seth Curry, Ryan Kelly and Mason Plumlee. It will only help matters that Mississippi State transfer Rodney Hood, who is sitting out this season per NCAA transfer rules, becomes eligible as well.
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game 7
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)