Dec 20, 2012, 4:22 PM EDT
Christmas came five days early for Duke fans, as 2013 forward Jabari Parker announced his decision to play for Mike Krzyzewski in a press conference held at Simeon Career Academy in Chicago.
The latest in a long line of elite basketball players to attend Simeon, Parker chose the Blue Devils over Michigan State, BYU, Florida and Stanford. Parker cited his comfort with head coach Mike Krzyzewski as a major reason for his decision.
With Parker’s decision Duke will now welcome three highly regarded players to campus next year.
Parker joins shooting guard Matt Jones and power forward Semi Ojeyele, both of whom are ranked among the top prospects in the country at their respective positions.
Adding this trio will help the Blue Devils address the departures of Seth Curry, Ryan Kelly and Mason Plumlee. It will only help matters that Mississippi State transfer Rodney Hood, who is sitting out this season per NCAA transfer rules, becomes eligible as well.
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 5
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)