Dec 20, 2012, 4:22 PM EST
Christmas came five days early for Duke fans, as 2013 forward Jabari Parker announced his decision to play for Mike Krzyzewski in a press conference held at Simeon Career Academy in Chicago.
The latest in a long line of elite basketball players to attend Simeon, Parker chose the Blue Devils over Michigan State, BYU, Florida and Stanford. Parker cited his comfort with head coach Mike Krzyzewski as a major reason for his decision.
With Parker’s decision Duke will now welcome three highly regarded players to campus next year.
Parker joins shooting guard Matt Jones and power forward Semi Ojeyele, both of whom are ranked among the top prospects in the country at their respective positions.
Adding this trio will help the Blue Devils address the departures of Seth Curry, Ryan Kelly and Mason Plumlee. It will only help matters that Mississippi State transfer Rodney Hood, who is sitting out this season per NCAA transfer rules, becomes eligible as well.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)