Dec 20, 2012, 4:22 PM EDT
Christmas came five days early for Duke fans, as 2013 forward Jabari Parker announced his decision to play for Mike Krzyzewski in a press conference held at Simeon Career Academy in Chicago.
The latest in a long line of elite basketball players to attend Simeon, Parker chose the Blue Devils over Michigan State, BYU, Florida and Stanford. Parker cited his comfort with head coach Mike Krzyzewski as a major reason for his decision.
With Parker’s decision Duke will now welcome three highly regarded players to campus next year.
Parker joins shooting guard Matt Jones and power forward Semi Ojeyele, both of whom are ranked among the top prospects in the country at their respective positions.
Adding this trio will help the Blue Devils address the departures of Seth Curry, Ryan Kelly and Mason Plumlee. It will only help matters that Mississippi State transfer Rodney Hood, who is sitting out this season per NCAA transfer rules, becomes eligible as well.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)