Dec 20, 2012, 9:38 PM EST
On Wednesday night, I wrote this about Marquette’s loss to Wisconsin-Green Bay:
Marquette needs Todd Mayo back. They simply don’t have enough scoring pop on their perimeter without him. How bad are things in Milwaukee right now? Green Bay had lost seven of their last eight coming in, and they beat the Golden Eagles despite playing with their second leading scorer and rebounder Brennan Cougill.
On Thursday night, this tweet popped up on my feed:
Marquette has reinstated Todd Mayo after O.J.'s little brother missed the first semester due to academics: cbssports.com/collegebasketb…—
Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) December 21, 2012
This is huge news for a Golden Eagle team that really, really needs the scoring boost that Mayo brings, in large part due to the fact that Trent Lockett — who is averaging just 7.8 points through ten games — has not adjusted as well as many expected him to.
Marquette has other issues as well, but getting another perimeter scorer to join Vander Blue and Junior Cadougan will be a major addition.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Sophomore forward Semi Ojeleye to transfer from Duke (3)