Dec 20, 2012, 9:38 PM EST
On Wednesday night, I wrote this about Marquette’s loss to Wisconsin-Green Bay:
Marquette needs Todd Mayo back. They simply don’t have enough scoring pop on their perimeter without him. How bad are things in Milwaukee right now? Green Bay had lost seven of their last eight coming in, and they beat the Golden Eagles despite playing with their second leading scorer and rebounder Brennan Cougill.
On Thursday night, this tweet popped up on my feed:
Marquette has reinstated Todd Mayo after O.J.'s little brother missed the first semester due to academics: cbssports.com/collegebasketb…—
Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) December 21, 2012
This is huge news for a Golden Eagle team that really, really needs the scoring boost that Mayo brings, in large part due to the fact that Trent Lockett — who is averaging just 7.8 points through ten games — has not adjusted as well as many expected him to.
Marquette has other issues as well, but getting another perimeter scorer to join Vander Blue and Junior Cadougan will be a major addition.
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game 7
- Chase for 180: Boise State rebounds from 0-3 conference start thanks to Derrick Marks 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)