Dec 20, 2012, 9:38 PM EDT
On Wednesday night, I wrote this about Marquette’s loss to Wisconsin-Green Bay:
Marquette needs Todd Mayo back. They simply don’t have enough scoring pop on their perimeter without him. How bad are things in Milwaukee right now? Green Bay had lost seven of their last eight coming in, and they beat the Golden Eagles despite playing with their second leading scorer and rebounder Brennan Cougill.
On Thursday night, this tweet popped up on my feed:
Marquette has reinstated Todd Mayo after O.J.'s little brother missed the first semester due to academics: cbssports.com/collegebasketb…—
Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) December 21, 2012
This is huge news for a Golden Eagle team that really, really needs the scoring boost that Mayo brings, in large part due to the fact that Trent Lockett — who is averaging just 7.8 points through ten games — has not adjusted as well as many expected him to.
Marquette has other issues as well, but getting another perimeter scorer to join Vander Blue and Junior Cadougan will be a major addition.
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 0
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- LIVE: Heat, Pacers go to overtime in Game 1
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games