Dec 20, 2012, 9:38 PM EDT
On Wednesday night, I wrote this about Marquette’s loss to Wisconsin-Green Bay:
Marquette needs Todd Mayo back. They simply don’t have enough scoring pop on their perimeter without him. How bad are things in Milwaukee right now? Green Bay had lost seven of their last eight coming in, and they beat the Golden Eagles despite playing with their second leading scorer and rebounder Brennan Cougill.
On Thursday night, this tweet popped up on my feed:
Marquette has reinstated Todd Mayo after O.J.'s little brother missed the first semester due to academics: cbssports.com/collegebasketb…—
Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) December 21, 2012
This is huge news for a Golden Eagle team that really, really needs the scoring boost that Mayo brings, in large part due to the fact that Trent Lockett — who is averaging just 7.8 points through ten games — has not adjusted as well as many expected him to.
Marquette has other issues as well, but getting another perimeter scorer to join Vander Blue and Junior Cadougan will be a major addition.
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 3
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 12
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? 11
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)