Dec 20, 2012, 9:38 PM EDT
On Wednesday night, I wrote this about Marquette’s loss to Wisconsin-Green Bay:
Marquette needs Todd Mayo back. They simply don’t have enough scoring pop on their perimeter without him. How bad are things in Milwaukee right now? Green Bay had lost seven of their last eight coming in, and they beat the Golden Eagles despite playing with their second leading scorer and rebounder Brennan Cougill.
On Thursday night, this tweet popped up on my feed:
Marquette has reinstated Todd Mayo after O.J.'s little brother missed the first semester due to academics: cbssports.com/collegebasketb…—
Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) December 21, 2012
This is huge news for a Golden Eagle team that really, really needs the scoring boost that Mayo brings, in large part due to the fact that Trent Lockett — who is averaging just 7.8 points through ten games — has not adjusted as well as many expected him to.
Marquette has other issues as well, but getting another perimeter scorer to join Vander Blue and Junior Cadougan will be a major addition.
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- UConn lands former Seton Hall guard Sterling Gibbs, eligible immediately 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)