Dec 20, 2012, 8:36 PM EDT
So remember all that talk about Myck Kabongo and how he’s been suspended for the rest of the season by the NCAA and how’s it’s ridiculous and you should be mad and that Texas is in big trouble?
Well, we may have actually spoken too soon.
According to Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports, Texas and Kabongo have filed an appeal with the NCAA.
And expedited appeal, actually, which is pretty much precisely what is sounds like. Robinson explains:
A source familiar with the University of Texas point guard told Yahoo! Sports that Texas appealed the NCAA’s season-long ban on Thursday. Texas officials had a dialogue with the NCAA’s eligibility committee on Thursday as part of the appeal. The school and player are now awaiting the outcome of that appeal, which could come as soon as Friday. The Longhorns have sought to have the star point guard immediately reinstated, but Texas could also achieve a reduction in Kabongo’s suspension.
So depending on how this appeal plays out, Kabongo could actually be eligible as soon as tomorrow. And while that’s an unlikely outcome, you never really know. It’s a much different circumstance, but no one really expected Dez Wells to be eligible this season, and look how that worked out.
Kabongo’s season may be on life support, but it isn’t dead yet.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 1
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)