Dec 20, 2012, 8:36 PM EST
So remember all that talk about Myck Kabongo and how he’s been suspended for the rest of the season by the NCAA and how’s it’s ridiculous and you should be mad and that Texas is in big trouble?
Well, we may have actually spoken too soon.
According to Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports, Texas and Kabongo have filed an appeal with the NCAA.
And expedited appeal, actually, which is pretty much precisely what is sounds like. Robinson explains:
A source familiar with the University of Texas point guard told Yahoo! Sports that Texas appealed the NCAA’s season-long ban on Thursday. Texas officials had a dialogue with the NCAA’s eligibility committee on Thursday as part of the appeal. The school and player are now awaiting the outcome of that appeal, which could come as soon as Friday. The Longhorns have sought to have the star point guard immediately reinstated, but Texas could also achieve a reduction in Kabongo’s suspension.
So depending on how this appeal plays out, Kabongo could actually be eligible as soon as tomorrow. And while that’s an unlikely outcome, you never really know. It’s a much different circumstance, but no one really expected Dez Wells to be eligible this season, and look how that worked out.
Kabongo’s season may be on life support, but it isn’t dead yet.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 12
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (12)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)