Dec 20, 2012, 8:36 PM EST
So remember all that talk about Myck Kabongo and how he’s been suspended for the rest of the season by the NCAA and how’s it’s ridiculous and you should be mad and that Texas is in big trouble?
Well, we may have actually spoken too soon.
According to Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports, Texas and Kabongo have filed an appeal with the NCAA.
And expedited appeal, actually, which is pretty much precisely what is sounds like. Robinson explains:
A source familiar with the University of Texas point guard told Yahoo! Sports that Texas appealed the NCAA’s season-long ban on Thursday. Texas officials had a dialogue with the NCAA’s eligibility committee on Thursday as part of the appeal. The school and player are now awaiting the outcome of that appeal, which could come as soon as Friday. The Longhorns have sought to have the star point guard immediately reinstated, but Texas could also achieve a reduction in Kabongo’s suspension.
So depending on how this appeal plays out, Kabongo could actually be eligible as soon as tomorrow. And while that’s an unlikely outcome, you never really know. It’s a much different circumstance, but no one really expected Dez Wells to be eligible this season, and look how that worked out.
Kabongo’s season may be on life support, but it isn’t dead yet.
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 0
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)