Dec 20, 2012, 8:36 PM EST
So remember all that talk about Myck Kabongo and how he’s been suspended for the rest of the season by the NCAA and how’s it’s ridiculous and you should be mad and that Texas is in big trouble?
Well, we may have actually spoken too soon.
According to Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports, Texas and Kabongo have filed an appeal with the NCAA.
And expedited appeal, actually, which is pretty much precisely what is sounds like. Robinson explains:
A source familiar with the University of Texas point guard told Yahoo! Sports that Texas appealed the NCAA’s season-long ban on Thursday. Texas officials had a dialogue with the NCAA’s eligibility committee on Thursday as part of the appeal. The school and player are now awaiting the outcome of that appeal, which could come as soon as Friday. The Longhorns have sought to have the star point guard immediately reinstated, but Texas could also achieve a reduction in Kabongo’s suspension.
So depending on how this appeal plays out, Kabongo could actually be eligible as soon as tomorrow. And while that’s an unlikely outcome, you never really know. It’s a much different circumstance, but no one really expected Dez Wells to be eligible this season, and look how that worked out.
Kabongo’s season may be on life support, but it isn’t dead yet.
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)