Dec 20, 2012, 8:36 PM EDT
So remember all that talk about Myck Kabongo and how he’s been suspended for the rest of the season by the NCAA and how’s it’s ridiculous and you should be mad and that Texas is in big trouble?
Well, we may have actually spoken too soon.
According to Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports, Texas and Kabongo have filed an appeal with the NCAA.
And expedited appeal, actually, which is pretty much precisely what is sounds like. Robinson explains:
A source familiar with the University of Texas point guard told Yahoo! Sports that Texas appealed the NCAA’s season-long ban on Thursday. Texas officials had a dialogue with the NCAA’s eligibility committee on Thursday as part of the appeal. The school and player are now awaiting the outcome of that appeal, which could come as soon as Friday. The Longhorns have sought to have the star point guard immediately reinstated, but Texas could also achieve a reduction in Kabongo’s suspension.
So depending on how this appeal plays out, Kabongo could actually be eligible as soon as tomorrow. And while that’s an unlikely outcome, you never really know. It’s a much different circumstance, but no one really expected Dez Wells to be eligible this season, and look how that worked out.
Kabongo’s season may be on life support, but it isn’t dead yet.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)