Dec 21, 2012, 6:41 PM EDT
Texas A&M is losing an asset inside, as coach Billy Kennedy announced Friday that junior center Keith Davis would be leaving the program.
Davis, who is averaging 5.9 minutes per game this season, played in 66 games during his time at Texas A&M. His best game of the season last year came on Jan. 21 against Oklahoma when he had four points and nine rebounds. Over the course of his time in College Station, he averaged 1.1 points and 2.3 rebounds per game.
In November, forward Daniel Alexander announced his intention to transfer out of the Texas A&M program. Around this time last season, point guard Jamal Branch transferred from the Aggies’ program to St. John’s. Branch makes his debut with his new team Friday night.
Texas A&M is 8-2 so far this season, having lost to Saint Louis and Oklahoma. The Aggies return to the floor Saturday against Southern.
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 7
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 4
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)