Dec 21, 2012, 6:41 PM EST
Texas A&M is losing an asset inside, as coach Billy Kennedy announced Friday that junior center Keith Davis would be leaving the program.
Davis, who is averaging 5.9 minutes per game this season, played in 66 games during his time at Texas A&M. His best game of the season last year came on Jan. 21 against Oklahoma when he had four points and nine rebounds. Over the course of his time in College Station, he averaged 1.1 points and 2.3 rebounds per game.
In November, forward Daniel Alexander announced his intention to transfer out of the Texas A&M program. Around this time last season, point guard Jamal Branch transferred from the Aggies’ program to St. John’s. Branch makes his debut with his new team Friday night.
Texas A&M is 8-2 so far this season, having lost to Saint Louis and Oklahoma. The Aggies return to the floor Saturday against Southern.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 0
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 0
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (4)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)