Dec 21, 2012, 6:41 PM EDT
Texas A&M is losing an asset inside, as coach Billy Kennedy announced Friday that junior center Keith Davis would be leaving the program.
Davis, who is averaging 5.9 minutes per game this season, played in 66 games during his time at Texas A&M. His best game of the season last year came on Jan. 21 against Oklahoma when he had four points and nine rebounds. Over the course of his time in College Station, he averaged 1.1 points and 2.3 rebounds per game.
In November, forward Daniel Alexander announced his intention to transfer out of the Texas A&M program. Around this time last season, point guard Jamal Branch transferred from the Aggies’ program to St. John’s. Branch makes his debut with his new team Friday night.
Texas A&M is 8-2 so far this season, having lost to Saint Louis and Oklahoma. The Aggies return to the floor Saturday against Southern.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (3)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)