Dec 21, 2012, 6:41 PM EST
Texas A&M is losing an asset inside, as coach Billy Kennedy announced Friday that junior center Keith Davis would be leaving the program.
Davis, who is averaging 5.9 minutes per game this season, played in 66 games during his time at Texas A&M. His best game of the season last year came on Jan. 21 against Oklahoma when he had four points and nine rebounds. Over the course of his time in College Station, he averaged 1.1 points and 2.3 rebounds per game.
In November, forward Daniel Alexander announced his intention to transfer out of the Texas A&M program. Around this time last season, point guard Jamal Branch transferred from the Aggies’ program to St. John’s. Branch makes his debut with his new team Friday night.
Texas A&M is 8-2 so far this season, having lost to Saint Louis and Oklahoma. The Aggies return to the floor Saturday against Southern.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)