Dec 22, 2012, 12:41 PM EDT
Over the course of the next two weeks, College Basketball Talk will be detailing what some of the country’s best, most intriguing, and thoroughly enigmatic teams need. It’s the spirit of the holidays. We’re in a giving mood.
What do other teams have on their Christmas Wish Lists? Click here to find out.
Gotta have it list-topper: Rebounding
Based on the data that Kenpom compiles, Indiana doesn’t appear to have an issue on the defensive glass. They are 34th in the country in defensive rebounding percentage, as they grab 72.4% of all available defensive rebounds. The problem with that number? Look at who they’ve played. Georgetown is in the bottom-quarter of all teams when it comes to offensive rebounding. North Carolina is a good offensive rebounding team, but they were absolutely drubbed by the Hoosiers in all facets.
Every other team that Indiana has played this season is, well, not very good. Except Butler. Butler is 21st in the country in offensive rebounding percentage. They grabbed 19 offensive rebounds against the Hoosiers. The biggest scapegoat may have been Will Sheehey, who was matched up with Erik Fromm, a bench player that grabbed five offensive boards in 20 minutes. Indiana’s defense has been immensely better this year, but they are susceptible on the offensive glass.
Stocking stuffer: Entry passes to Cody Zeller
I said it early on in the season: the nation’s Preseason Player of the Year would not put up the kind of numbers that many were expecting simply because the Hoosiers have too many weapons up and down their roster. And it’s not necessarily a bad thing that Zeller isn’t the first, second and third option offensively. It is a bad thing, however, that Indiana has such issues getting the ball to Zeller on the block. I took this picture during the Butler game. Zeller is wide-open. He didn’t get the ball on this possession. This was a common occurrence. That’s a problem.
Planning on re-gifting: Christian Watford consistency
Watford’s numbers on the season: 12.4 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 45.7% 3PT, 125.9 ORTG.
Watford’s numbers against Georgetown, UNC and Butler: 7.0 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 37.5% 3PT (5-24 FG), 94.3 ORTG.That’s not exactly ideal.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)