Dec 22, 2012, 12:23 AM EDT
UPDATED 22 December 2012, 12:44 a.m. ET
Game of the Night
Stanford 70, Northwestern 68
Stanford led by as many as eight points in the second half, but Northwestern was able to pull within two with possession in the final seconds. A drive by the Wildcats’ Tre Demps missed and Stanford was able to gain possession. A long lead pass helped the final seconds tick away and Stanford escaped with its biggest win of the season on the road.
Josh Huestis was big for Stanford as Dwight Powell battled foul trouble, putting up a double-double of 18 points and 12 rebounds. John Gage had 12 key points, including shooting 2-of-3 from three-point range.
Maryland 76, Stony Brook 69
Virginia Commonwealth 93, Longwood 56
Colorado 98, Northern Arizona 51
Wagner 63, Southern Methodist 53
UNC-Asheville 72, St. John’s 65
Brandon Davies, BYU: Though his Cougars lost to Baylor by double digits, Davies posted 26 points and 17 rebounds in perhaps the best individual performance of the night.
Jack Cooley, Notre Dame: 24 points, 15 rebounds. Cooley continues to be the centerpiece to another under-the-radar Irish team.
Ryan Boatright, Connecticut: 26 points, 9 assists. Boatright and backcourt mate Shabazz Napier combined for 45 points and 15 assists in a win over Fordham.
Baylor Frontcourt: Cory Jefferson had 13 points, 16 rebounds and Isaiah Austin had 14 points and 10 rebounds in a win over BYU Friday night.
Pablo Bertone, FAU: 1-of-11 shooting, 3 pts
Dave Sobolewski, Northwestern: 0-of-6 from the floor, 1 point
The Rest of the Top 25
No. 6 Indiana 88, Florida Atlantic 52
No. 22 Notre Dame 89, Niagara 67
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)