Dec 22, 2012, 12:23 AM EST
UPDATED 22 December 2012, 12:44 a.m. ET
Game of the Night
Stanford 70, Northwestern 68
Stanford led by as many as eight points in the second half, but Northwestern was able to pull within two with possession in the final seconds. A drive by the Wildcats’ Tre Demps missed and Stanford was able to gain possession. A long lead pass helped the final seconds tick away and Stanford escaped with its biggest win of the season on the road.
Josh Huestis was big for Stanford as Dwight Powell battled foul trouble, putting up a double-double of 18 points and 12 rebounds. John Gage had 12 key points, including shooting 2-of-3 from three-point range.
Maryland 76, Stony Brook 69
Virginia Commonwealth 93, Longwood 56
Colorado 98, Northern Arizona 51
Wagner 63, Southern Methodist 53
UNC-Asheville 72, St. John’s 65
Brandon Davies, BYU: Though his Cougars lost to Baylor by double digits, Davies posted 26 points and 17 rebounds in perhaps the best individual performance of the night.
Jack Cooley, Notre Dame: 24 points, 15 rebounds. Cooley continues to be the centerpiece to another under-the-radar Irish team.
Ryan Boatright, Connecticut: 26 points, 9 assists. Boatright and backcourt mate Shabazz Napier combined for 45 points and 15 assists in a win over Fordham.
Baylor Frontcourt: Cory Jefferson had 13 points, 16 rebounds and Isaiah Austin had 14 points and 10 rebounds in a win over BYU Friday night.
Pablo Bertone, FAU: 1-of-11 shooting, 3 pts
Dave Sobolewski, Northwestern: 0-of-6 from the floor, 1 point
The Rest of the Top 25
No. 6 Indiana 88, Florida Atlantic 52
No. 22 Notre Dame 89, Niagara 67
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)