Dec 22, 2012, 7:13 PM EDT
With the score knotted at 64-all, Sherrod Wright of George Mason rose and fired, dropping in a buzzer-beating three-pointer that led the CAA contender over an A-10 team playing in its hometown. Wright led all scorers with 22 points, and the Patriots as a team shot an incredible 61.5% from deep in the close win.
Darien Brothers and Derrick Williams combined for 34 points for the Spiders in the loss.
The game was the opening stanza of the Governor’s Holiday Classic, which pitted four Virginia-based schools from different leagues against one another in Richmond. The nightcap features Virginia and Old Dominion.
- Report: Devonta Pollard no longer enrolled at Alabama 0
- Communication plays vital role in development of Marquette’s Vander Blue 0
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead