Dec 22, 2012, 9:10 PM EDT
Virginia has won eight games in a row, defeating Wisconsin and Tennessee along the way. In fact, it’s fair to say that the Cavaliers (9-3) could conceivably be undefeated today if they’d simply stop scheduling teams from the Colonial Athletic Association.
UVA started the season with a loss at George Mason, then lost again to Delaware four days later. Then the team seemed to regroup until today’s neutral-court loss to Old Dominion, which is playing its final season in the CAA before relocating to C-USA on a football scholarship.
ODU’s Dimitri Batten led all scorers with 23 points, going 5-9 from behind the arc. The Monarchs had lost nine straight before beating Virginia, and are now 2-10 on the season.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)