Dec 22, 2012, 9:10 PM EDT
Virginia has won eight games in a row, defeating Wisconsin and Tennessee along the way. In fact, it’s fair to say that the Cavaliers (9-3) could conceivably be undefeated today if they’d simply stop scheduling teams from the Colonial Athletic Association.
UVA started the season with a loss at George Mason, then lost again to Delaware four days later. Then the team seemed to regroup until today’s neutral-court loss to Old Dominion, which is playing its final season in the CAA before relocating to C-USA on a football scholarship.
ODU’s Dimitri Batten led all scorers with 23 points, going 5-9 from behind the arc. The Monarchs had lost nine straight before beating Virginia, and are now 2-10 on the season.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 1
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 1
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 2
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 4
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 22
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 13
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (86)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (22)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)