Dec 22, 2012, 9:10 PM EDT
Virginia has won eight games in a row, defeating Wisconsin and Tennessee along the way. In fact, it’s fair to say that the Cavaliers (9-3) could conceivably be undefeated today if they’d simply stop scheduling teams from the Colonial Athletic Association.
UVA started the season with a loss at George Mason, then lost again to Delaware four days later. Then the team seemed to regroup until today’s neutral-court loss to Old Dominion, which is playing its final season in the CAA before relocating to C-USA on a football scholarship.
ODU’s Dimitri Batten led all scorers with 23 points, going 5-9 from behind the arc. The Monarchs had lost nine straight before beating Virginia, and are now 2-10 on the season.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 2
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 2
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Born without a right hand, Omar Ndiaye looking for his chance 0
- Illinois starting point guard suffers season-ending knee injury 1
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Report: Providence legend Marvin ‘Bad News’ Barnes passes away (2)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)