Dec 22, 2012, 9:10 PM EST
Virginia has won eight games in a row, defeating Wisconsin and Tennessee along the way. In fact, it’s fair to say that the Cavaliers (9-3) could conceivably be undefeated today if they’d simply stop scheduling teams from the Colonial Athletic Association.
UVA started the season with a loss at George Mason, then lost again to Delaware four days later. Then the team seemed to regroup until today’s neutral-court loss to Old Dominion, which is playing its final season in the CAA before relocating to C-USA on a football scholarship.
ODU’s Dimitri Batten led all scorers with 23 points, going 5-9 from behind the arc. The Monarchs had lost nine straight before beating Virginia, and are now 2-10 on the season.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 0
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)