Dec 22, 2012, 9:10 PM EST
Virginia has won eight games in a row, defeating Wisconsin and Tennessee along the way. In fact, it’s fair to say that the Cavaliers (9-3) could conceivably be undefeated today if they’d simply stop scheduling teams from the Colonial Athletic Association.
UVA started the season with a loss at George Mason, then lost again to Delaware four days later. Then the team seemed to regroup until today’s neutral-court loss to Old Dominion, which is playing its final season in the CAA before relocating to C-USA on a football scholarship.
ODU’s Dimitri Batten led all scorers with 23 points, going 5-9 from behind the arc. The Monarchs had lost nine straight before beating Virginia, and are now 2-10 on the season.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)