Dec 23, 2012, 9:32 AM EDT
There’s a lot of conference movement out east, but the Mountain West Conference is solidifying itself by restructuring its television deal with CBS, Dennis Dodd of CBSSports.com is reporting.
The deal still expires after the 2015-16 season, but the conference reportedly has more flexibility to sell game packages to two additional networks. Those networks do not include ESPN, Fox, Turner, or the NBC Sports Network.
This report comes while Boise State is in the toughest position outside of perhaps Connecticut and Cincinnati in terms of being in limbo with conference realignment. The Broncos are slated to join the Big East for football on July 1, but the defection of the Catholic 7 in basketball has reportedly devalued the conference in the television rights market.
Commissioner Mike Aresco and the remaining members of the Big East have reportedly reached out to both UNLV and Fresno State about joining the league, but the Mountain West is likely stable at the moment.
According to Pete Thamel of Sports Illustrated, it is a virtual certainty that Boise State will leave at this point, which would trigger a “renegotiation of rights fees,” according to Dodd.
To read the entire report, click here.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)