Dec 23, 2012, 9:32 AM EST
There’s a lot of conference movement out east, but the Mountain West Conference is solidifying itself by restructuring its television deal with CBS, Dennis Dodd of CBSSports.com is reporting.
The deal still expires after the 2015-16 season, but the conference reportedly has more flexibility to sell game packages to two additional networks. Those networks do not include ESPN, Fox, Turner, or the NBC Sports Network.
This report comes while Boise State is in the toughest position outside of perhaps Connecticut and Cincinnati in terms of being in limbo with conference realignment. The Broncos are slated to join the Big East for football on July 1, but the defection of the Catholic 7 in basketball has reportedly devalued the conference in the television rights market.
Commissioner Mike Aresco and the remaining members of the Big East have reportedly reached out to both UNLV and Fresno State about joining the league, but the Mountain West is likely stable at the moment.
According to Pete Thamel of Sports Illustrated, it is a virtual certainty that Boise State will leave at this point, which would trigger a “renegotiation of rights fees,” according to Dodd.
To read the entire report, click here.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)