Dec 23, 2012, 9:32 AM EST
There’s a lot of conference movement out east, but the Mountain West Conference is solidifying itself by restructuring its television deal with CBS, Dennis Dodd of CBSSports.com is reporting.
The deal still expires after the 2015-16 season, but the conference reportedly has more flexibility to sell game packages to two additional networks. Those networks do not include ESPN, Fox, Turner, or the NBC Sports Network.
This report comes while Boise State is in the toughest position outside of perhaps Connecticut and Cincinnati in terms of being in limbo with conference realignment. The Broncos are slated to join the Big East for football on July 1, but the defection of the Catholic 7 in basketball has reportedly devalued the conference in the television rights market.
Commissioner Mike Aresco and the remaining members of the Big East have reportedly reached out to both UNLV and Fresno State about joining the league, but the Mountain West is likely stable at the moment.
According to Pete Thamel of Sports Illustrated, it is a virtual certainty that Boise State will leave at this point, which would trigger a “renegotiation of rights fees,” according to Dodd.
To read the entire report, click here.
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 1
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)