Dec 24, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
Normally, I’m not a huge fan of the singing videos that hoops teams come out with.
You see a lot of them this time of year, and while it’s always good to chuckle at just how bad some of the guys are as singers, it’s usually just the same old thing.
I always get the feeling that these videos are more fun to make than they are to watch.
And, thanks to Maryland’s basketball team, I now have proof of that.
Watch the Terps sing Frosty the Snowman, and make sure you stay around for the final two minutes of outtakes:
While watching Scott Spinelli and Bino Ranson bicker like two fourth-graders is hysterical, there are three moments in that video that really make it: 1) Pe’Shon Howard calling Charles Mitchell “Charlie the Snowman”; 2) Pe’Shon Howard saying that this isn’t Destiny’s Child, he’s Beyonce; 3) Every moment that includes Alex Len.
And if that wasn’t enough, how about a holiday-themed Q-and-A sesh:
And for what it’s worth, this is clearly the best Christmas song.
(Thanks, Testudo Times)
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)