Dec 24, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
Normally, I’m not a huge fan of the singing videos that hoops teams come out with.
You see a lot of them this time of year, and while it’s always good to chuckle at just how bad some of the guys are as singers, it’s usually just the same old thing.
I always get the feeling that these videos are more fun to make than they are to watch.
And, thanks to Maryland’s basketball team, I now have proof of that.
Watch the Terps sing Frosty the Snowman, and make sure you stay around for the final two minutes of outtakes:
While watching Scott Spinelli and Bino Ranson bicker like two fourth-graders is hysterical, there are three moments in that video that really make it: 1) Pe’Shon Howard calling Charles Mitchell “Charlie the Snowman”; 2) Pe’Shon Howard saying that this isn’t Destiny’s Child, he’s Beyonce; 3) Every moment that includes Alex Len.
And if that wasn’t enough, how about a holiday-themed Q-and-A sesh:
And for what it’s worth, this is clearly the best Christmas song.
(Thanks, Testudo Times)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)