Dec 24, 2012, 2:24 PM EDT
I hate all of those interviews with coaches and/or players that come during a game.
Do you really think a coach is going to say something worthwhile in the middle of a game? It’s tough enough to get them to step outside the realm of coachspeak when they’re at a bar, three Miller Lites deep and talking off the record.
When their mind is centered solely on adjustments they need to make at halftime in order to win a game, you think anything worthwhile is going to come out of their mouth?
Which is why the only time halftime interviews mean anything is when someone says something outlandish. Like Travis Ford, who, at halftime of Oklahoma State’s win over UT-Arlington, decided it was a good time to praise the good folks running the UT-San Antonio program:
Now, I would just chalk this up as a mistake. There are a lot of UT-(name of a city) programs out there, and I’ll admit that, from time-to-time, I can get confused myself.
But in his postgame interview, Ford once again referred to UT-Arlington as UT-San Antonio:
It’s official: Travis Ford has no clue who he played on Saturday.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)