Dec 25, 2012, 8:51 PM EDT
Seton Hall freshman center had finally started to make an impact with the Pirates.
In his first start of the season, Johnson finished with 11 points and eight boards against Longwood on Wednesday. While he’s only averaging seven minutes per game this season, Johnson’s value was increased with the injuries to Patrick Auda and Aaron Geramipoor.
But Johnson got hurt as SHU whooped up on LIU-Brooklyn, and on Monday, it was announced that he would miss the rest of the season with a knee injury.
SHU is 10-2 on the season, but their front court depth is now non-existent.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 3
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)