Dec 25, 2012, 8:51 PM EST
Seton Hall freshman center had finally started to make an impact with the Pirates.
In his first start of the season, Johnson finished with 11 points and eight boards against Longwood on Wednesday. While he’s only averaging seven minutes per game this season, Johnson’s value was increased with the injuries to Patrick Auda and Aaron Geramipoor.
But Johnson got hurt as SHU whooped up on LIU-Brooklyn, and on Monday, it was announced that he would miss the rest of the season with a knee injury.
SHU is 10-2 on the season, but their front court depth is now non-existent.
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 3
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)