Dec 26, 2012, 6:48 PM EST
Deverell Biggs, a JuCo transfer currently redshirting this season at Nebraska, was cited for suspicion of driving under the influence and leaving the scene of an accident, according to a report from Omaha.com.
Here’s what happened:
Biggs, a 20-year-old junior, was waiting for the stoplight to change at Howard and 15th Streets about 1:40 a.m. Sunday, according to an Omaha police report. A Bellevue man stopped behind him, also facing west, told police Biggs remained parked in his Chevrolet Suburban through several light changes.
Biggs then backed his car into the Bellevue man’s Mercedes, got out of his car and briefly talked with the man but drove away before the two could exchange information, according to police.
Biggs and his vehicle were found later that night by the police, and he ended up blowing a 0.134. The legal limit in Nebraska is 0.08. Not good.
It’s an unfortunate turn of events for Biggs, who is a Nebraska native that is waiting for his chance to star for the Huskers. Biggs was the first in-state player to sign with the Huskers since 2001. While in high school, he led Omaha Central to three straight Class A state titles and was a two-time All-State selection in addition to being the state’s consensus Player of the Year as a senior. Biggs was also a first-team All-American at the JuCo level last season.
“I told Deverell we would meet on the 26th and handle it,” head coach Tim Miles said. “I’m obviously greatly disappointed in the report and Deverell’s actions. I’ll gather more information before making a decision on disciplinary action.”
(Photo via the Nebraska Athletics website)
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 2
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 2
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 1
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (10)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)