Dec 26, 2012, 6:48 PM EDT
Deverell Biggs, a JuCo transfer currently redshirting this season at Nebraska, was cited for suspicion of driving under the influence and leaving the scene of an accident, according to a report from Omaha.com.
Here’s what happened:
Biggs, a 20-year-old junior, was waiting for the stoplight to change at Howard and 15th Streets about 1:40 a.m. Sunday, according to an Omaha police report. A Bellevue man stopped behind him, also facing west, told police Biggs remained parked in his Chevrolet Suburban through several light changes.
Biggs then backed his car into the Bellevue man’s Mercedes, got out of his car and briefly talked with the man but drove away before the two could exchange information, according to police.
Biggs and his vehicle were found later that night by the police, and he ended up blowing a 0.134. The legal limit in Nebraska is 0.08. Not good.
It’s an unfortunate turn of events for Biggs, who is a Nebraska native that is waiting for his chance to star for the Huskers. Biggs was the first in-state player to sign with the Huskers since 2001. While in high school, he led Omaha Central to three straight Class A state titles and was a two-time All-State selection in addition to being the state’s consensus Player of the Year as a senior. Biggs was also a first-team All-American at the JuCo level last season.
“I told Deverell we would meet on the 26th and handle it,” head coach Tim Miles said. “I’m obviously greatly disappointed in the report and Deverell’s actions. I’ll gather more information before making a decision on disciplinary action.”
(Photo via the Nebraska Athletics website)
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)