Dec 28, 2012, 7:14 PM EDT
Providence continues to be shorthanded.
In the last two weeks, the Friars have gotten freshman guard Kris Dunn (shoulder) and Vincent Council (hamstring) – active tonight against Brown for the first time since Nov. 10 – back into the lineup.
Even though Dunn was impressive in his debut against Colgate with 13 assists and Council, a preseason All-Big East First Team selection are back on the floor, junior guard Bryce Cotton, the leading scorer in the Big East at 22 points per game is inactive tonight against city rival Brown.
This was reported just minutes before tip by Providence Journal’s Kevin McNamara. McNamara reported it was unclear why Cotton would not be able to play, but Randy Moss, calling the game for the NBC Sports Network said it was rumored to be a knee injury, something he’s has battled during the season.
Dalen Cuff, the color commentator for tonight’s game, said Cotton looked fine in warm ups and shootaround, but was not in the starting lineup.
If it is Cotton’s injury, the problems Providence has faced this year have only continued. Along with the injuries, PC is without top recruit, Ricky Ledo, who was ruled ineligible by the NCAA in the fall.
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 1
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)