Dec 28, 2012, 7:14 PM EDT
Providence continues to be shorthanded.
In the last two weeks, the Friars have gotten freshman guard Kris Dunn (shoulder) and Vincent Council (hamstring) – active tonight against Brown for the first time since Nov. 10 – back into the lineup.
Even though Dunn was impressive in his debut against Colgate with 13 assists and Council, a preseason All-Big East First Team selection are back on the floor, junior guard Bryce Cotton, the leading scorer in the Big East at 22 points per game is inactive tonight against city rival Brown.
This was reported just minutes before tip by Providence Journal’s Kevin McNamara. McNamara reported it was unclear why Cotton would not be able to play, but Randy Moss, calling the game for the NBC Sports Network said it was rumored to be a knee injury, something he’s has battled during the season.
Dalen Cuff, the color commentator for tonight’s game, said Cotton looked fine in warm ups and shootaround, but was not in the starting lineup.
If it is Cotton’s injury, the problems Providence has faced this year have only continued. Along with the injuries, PC is without top recruit, Ricky Ledo, who was ruled ineligible by the NCAA in the fall.
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)