Dec 28, 2012, 7:14 PM EDT
Providence continues to be shorthanded.
In the last two weeks, the Friars have gotten freshman guard Kris Dunn (shoulder) and Vincent Council (hamstring) – active tonight against Brown for the first time since Nov. 10 – back into the lineup.
Even though Dunn was impressive in his debut against Colgate with 13 assists and Council, a preseason All-Big East First Team selection are back on the floor, junior guard Bryce Cotton, the leading scorer in the Big East at 22 points per game is inactive tonight against city rival Brown.
This was reported just minutes before tip by Providence Journal’s Kevin McNamara. McNamara reported it was unclear why Cotton would not be able to play, but Randy Moss, calling the game for the NBC Sports Network said it was rumored to be a knee injury, something he’s has battled during the season.
Dalen Cuff, the color commentator for tonight’s game, said Cotton looked fine in warm ups and shootaround, but was not in the starting lineup.
If it is Cotton’s injury, the problems Providence has faced this year have only continued. Along with the injuries, PC is without top recruit, Ricky Ledo, who was ruled ineligible by the NCAA in the fall.
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4