Dec 28, 2012, 7:14 PM EDT
Providence continues to be shorthanded.
In the last two weeks, the Friars have gotten freshman guard Kris Dunn (shoulder) and Vincent Council (hamstring) – active tonight against Brown for the first time since Nov. 10 – back into the lineup.
Even though Dunn was impressive in his debut against Colgate with 13 assists and Council, a preseason All-Big East First Team selection are back on the floor, junior guard Bryce Cotton, the leading scorer in the Big East at 22 points per game is inactive tonight against city rival Brown.
This was reported just minutes before tip by Providence Journal’s Kevin McNamara. McNamara reported it was unclear why Cotton would not be able to play, but Randy Moss, calling the game for the NBC Sports Network said it was rumored to be a knee injury, something he’s has battled during the season.
Dalen Cuff, the color commentator for tonight’s game, said Cotton looked fine in warm ups and shootaround, but was not in the starting lineup.
If it is Cotton’s injury, the problems Providence has faced this year have only continued. Along with the injuries, PC is without top recruit, Ricky Ledo, who was ruled ineligible by the NCAA in the fall.
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 13
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (22)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field (15)