Dec 28, 2012, 7:14 PM EDT
Providence continues to be shorthanded.
In the last two weeks, the Friars have gotten freshman guard Kris Dunn (shoulder) and Vincent Council (hamstring) – active tonight against Brown for the first time since Nov. 10 – back into the lineup.
Even though Dunn was impressive in his debut against Colgate with 13 assists and Council, a preseason All-Big East First Team selection are back on the floor, junior guard Bryce Cotton, the leading scorer in the Big East at 22 points per game is inactive tonight against city rival Brown.
This was reported just minutes before tip by Providence Journal’s Kevin McNamara. McNamara reported it was unclear why Cotton would not be able to play, but Randy Moss, calling the game for the NBC Sports Network said it was rumored to be a knee injury, something he’s has battled during the season.
Dalen Cuff, the color commentator for tonight’s game, said Cotton looked fine in warm ups and shootaround, but was not in the starting lineup.
If it is Cotton’s injury, the problems Providence has faced this year have only continued. Along with the injuries, PC is without top recruit, Ricky Ledo, who was ruled ineligible by the NCAA in the fall.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)