Dec 29, 2012, 1:48 AM EDT
Following Gonzaga’s 94-87 win against Baylor in Spokane on Friday night, former Louisville forward announced he would transfer via his Instagram account (photo below).
On Nunez’s Instagram photo, the caption read, “New home, new team…Officially a Gonzaga Bulldog.” Nunez’s Twitter account also had the bio changed, reading “Guard/Forward for Gonzaga University…”
Right before the fall semester ended, the sophomore forward decided to leave the Louisville program. As a sophomore, Nunez sat out the first 10 games with a concussion. The season before as a freshman, the 6-foot-8 forward only saw an average of 4.6 minutes per game and that didn’t seem to be changing heading into his sophomore campaign.
Adam Zagoria of ZagsBlog.com reported last Sunday that Nunez would visit Gonzaga on Dec. 27-29. Nunez told Zagoria he would visit several schools, with Gonzaga being the first.
Nunez will be eligible for the second semester of the 2013-2014 season.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)