Dec 29, 2012, 1:48 AM EDT
Following Gonzaga’s 94-87 win against Baylor in Spokane on Friday night, former Louisville forward announced he would transfer via his Instagram account (photo below).
On Nunez’s Instagram photo, the caption read, “New home, new team…Officially a Gonzaga Bulldog.” Nunez’s Twitter account also had the bio changed, reading “Guard/Forward for Gonzaga University…”
Right before the fall semester ended, the sophomore forward decided to leave the Louisville program. As a sophomore, Nunez sat out the first 10 games with a concussion. The season before as a freshman, the 6-foot-8 forward only saw an average of 4.6 minutes per game and that didn’t seem to be changing heading into his sophomore campaign.
Adam Zagoria of ZagsBlog.com reported last Sunday that Nunez would visit Gonzaga on Dec. 27-29. Nunez told Zagoria he would visit several schools, with Gonzaga being the first.
Nunez will be eligible for the second semester of the 2013-2014 season.
- The key to recruiting Myles Turner: a good psychology department? 0
- Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 2
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 4
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 3
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (14)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Bill Self, redshirts, and the Power of Andrew Wiggins (4)
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ (4)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy