Dec 29, 2012, 1:48 AM EST
Following Gonzaga’s 94-87 win against Baylor in Spokane on Friday night, former Louisville forward announced he would transfer via his Instagram account (photo below).
On Nunez’s Instagram photo, the caption read, “New home, new team…Officially a Gonzaga Bulldog.” Nunez’s Twitter account also had the bio changed, reading “Guard/Forward for Gonzaga University…”
Right before the fall semester ended, the sophomore forward decided to leave the Louisville program. As a sophomore, Nunez sat out the first 10 games with a concussion. The season before as a freshman, the 6-foot-8 forward only saw an average of 4.6 minutes per game and that didn’t seem to be changing heading into his sophomore campaign.
Adam Zagoria of ZagsBlog.com reported last Sunday that Nunez would visit Gonzaga on Dec. 27-29. Nunez told Zagoria he would visit several schools, with Gonzaga being the first.
Nunez will be eligible for the second semester of the 2013-2014 season.
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)