Dec 29, 2012, 1:48 AM EST
Following Gonzaga’s 94-87 win against Baylor in Spokane on Friday night, former Louisville forward announced he would transfer via his Instagram account (photo below).
On Nunez’s Instagram photo, the caption read, “New home, new team…Officially a Gonzaga Bulldog.” Nunez’s Twitter account also had the bio changed, reading “Guard/Forward for Gonzaga University…”
Right before the fall semester ended, the sophomore forward decided to leave the Louisville program. As a sophomore, Nunez sat out the first 10 games with a concussion. The season before as a freshman, the 6-foot-8 forward only saw an average of 4.6 minutes per game and that didn’t seem to be changing heading into his sophomore campaign.
Adam Zagoria of ZagsBlog.com reported last Sunday that Nunez would visit Gonzaga on Dec. 27-29. Nunez told Zagoria he would visit several schools, with Gonzaga being the first.
Nunez will be eligible for the second semester of the 2013-2014 season.
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 1
- Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)