Dec 29, 2012, 1:48 AM EDT
Following Gonzaga’s 94-87 win against Baylor in Spokane on Friday night, former Louisville forward announced he would transfer via his Instagram account (photo below).
On Nunez’s Instagram photo, the caption read, “New home, new team…Officially a Gonzaga Bulldog.” Nunez’s Twitter account also had the bio changed, reading “Guard/Forward for Gonzaga University…”
Right before the fall semester ended, the sophomore forward decided to leave the Louisville program. As a sophomore, Nunez sat out the first 10 games with a concussion. The season before as a freshman, the 6-foot-8 forward only saw an average of 4.6 minutes per game and that didn’t seem to be changing heading into his sophomore campaign.
Adam Zagoria of ZagsBlog.com reported last Sunday that Nunez would visit Gonzaga on Dec. 27-29. Nunez told Zagoria he would visit several schools, with Gonzaga being the first.
Nunez will be eligible for the second semester of the 2013-2014 season.
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 3
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 1
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft 8
- Bobby Portis announces that he is turning pro 0
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)