Dec 29, 2012, 12:36 PM EST
North Carolina junior Reggie Bullock will miss Saturday’s game against UNLV after suffering a mild concussion during practice Thursday evening, the school announced via Twitter.
Bullock, a 6-7 native of North Carolina, is averaging 13.1 points and 5.7 rebounds per game, both good for second on the team.
Against the length and athleticism of UNLV, Bullock could have been an asset. He was a lone bright spot in North Carolina’s upset loss to a struggling Texas team earlier this month when he scored 18 points. As a strong perimeter defender, UNLV will have the advantage in Bullock’s absence.
Katin Reinhardt and Bryce Dejean-Jones could get more touches on the perimeter with Bullock out of the lineup, but Anthony Bennett and Khem Birch will still be the focus on the interior for the Rebels.
Without Bullock in the lineup, the Tar Heels will also need to fill in offensively, which means more from P.J. Hairston, Leslie McDonald, and Dexter Strickland.
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)