Dec 29, 2012, 12:36 PM EST
North Carolina junior Reggie Bullock will miss Saturday’s game against UNLV after suffering a mild concussion during practice Thursday evening, the school announced via Twitter.
Bullock, a 6-7 native of North Carolina, is averaging 13.1 points and 5.7 rebounds per game, both good for second on the team.
Against the length and athleticism of UNLV, Bullock could have been an asset. He was a lone bright spot in North Carolina’s upset loss to a struggling Texas team earlier this month when he scored 18 points. As a strong perimeter defender, UNLV will have the advantage in Bullock’s absence.
Katin Reinhardt and Bryce Dejean-Jones could get more touches on the perimeter with Bullock out of the lineup, but Anthony Bennett and Khem Birch will still be the focus on the interior for the Rebels.
Without Bullock in the lineup, the Tar Heels will also need to fill in offensively, which means more from P.J. Hairston, Leslie McDonald, and Dexter Strickland.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)