Dec 29, 2012, 12:36 PM EDT
North Carolina junior Reggie Bullock will miss Saturday’s game against UNLV after suffering a mild concussion during practice Thursday evening, the school announced via Twitter.
Bullock, a 6-7 native of North Carolina, is averaging 13.1 points and 5.7 rebounds per game, both good for second on the team.
Against the length and athleticism of UNLV, Bullock could have been an asset. He was a lone bright spot in North Carolina’s upset loss to a struggling Texas team earlier this month when he scored 18 points. As a strong perimeter defender, UNLV will have the advantage in Bullock’s absence.
Katin Reinhardt and Bryce Dejean-Jones could get more touches on the perimeter with Bullock out of the lineup, but Anthony Bennett and Khem Birch will still be the focus on the interior for the Rebels.
Without Bullock in the lineup, the Tar Heels will also need to fill in offensively, which means more from P.J. Hairston, Leslie McDonald, and Dexter Strickland.
- The key to recruiting Myles Turner: a good psychology department? 0
- Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 2
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 4
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 3
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (14)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (4)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Bill Self, redshirts, and the Power of Andrew Wiggins (4)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona