Dec 29, 2012, 12:36 PM EDT
North Carolina junior Reggie Bullock will miss Saturday’s game against UNLV after suffering a mild concussion during practice Thursday evening, the school announced via Twitter.
Bullock, a 6-7 native of North Carolina, is averaging 13.1 points and 5.7 rebounds per game, both good for second on the team.
Against the length and athleticism of UNLV, Bullock could have been an asset. He was a lone bright spot in North Carolina’s upset loss to a struggling Texas team earlier this month when he scored 18 points. As a strong perimeter defender, UNLV will have the advantage in Bullock’s absence.
Katin Reinhardt and Bryce Dejean-Jones could get more touches on the perimeter with Bullock out of the lineup, but Anthony Bennett and Khem Birch will still be the focus on the interior for the Rebels.
Without Bullock in the lineup, the Tar Heels will also need to fill in offensively, which means more from P.J. Hairston, Leslie McDonald, and Dexter Strickland.
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 1
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 6
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 6
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 6
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 67
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (67)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)