Dec 30, 2012, 9:18 AM EDT
Senior center J’mison Morgan has been dismissed from the Baylor basketball team for violating an unspecified university policy, Baylor coach Scott Drew announced Saturday night.
“J’mison Morgan will definitely be missed by our team,” Drew said in a release. “He has grown during his time at Baylor and we are confident that he is going to continue to develop as a person and basketball player.”
Morgan, a 6-11 native of Dallas, Texas, began his college career at UCLA before transferring to Baylor prior to the start of the 2010-11 season. He was granted immediate eligibility by the NCAA and averaged 3.0 points, 2.4 rebounds, and 1.1 blocks as a junior. He redshirted last season and saw action in only one game this season when he scored four points and grabbed three rebounds against Charleston on Nov. 24.
Drew said in the release that the Baylor staff will work with Morgan as he finishes his degree at the university.
Baylor is 8-4 this season after losing to No. 28 Gonzaga Friday night. The Bears return to the floor Saturday against intrastate rival Texas.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)