Dec 30, 2012, 7:57 PM EST
Indiana freshman forward Jeremy Hollowell had missed the last three games for unspecified reasons.
He dressed but didn’t play against Mount St. Mary’s and he wasn’t dressed against Florida Atlantic. On Friday, before the Hoosiers took on Jacksonville, IU released a statement saying that Hollowell was being held out “pending resolution of NCAA compliance issues“.
It appears those issues have been resolved, as Hollowell’s eligibility was reinstated on Sunday. He’ll be available on Monday when the Hoosiers travel to Iowa.
Here’s the complete statement from IU athletic director Fred Glass:
Earlier today we were advised by the NCAA that they have accepted our self-reported secondary violation involving Jeremy Hollowell and, consistent with our proposal, immediately reinstated his eligibility. He will travel with the rest of the team to Iowa and be eligible to play in that game and all other games going forward. I would like to thank the NCAA for its assistance and responsiveness, especially during this holiday season when their office is officially closed.
I also thank Jeremy Hollowell and his mother Chandra Lockett who raised this issue and have continued to be forthright and forthcoming throughout this matter. Finally, I thank our athletic department and men’s basketball staff who worked diligently and professionally to help bring this to a positive conclusion. I am proud of how Indiana University has handled this situation. We will release the details of this matter later this week. Until then we will have no further comment.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)