Dec 30, 2012, 7:57 PM EDT
Indiana freshman forward Jeremy Hollowell had missed the last three games for unspecified reasons.
He dressed but didn’t play against Mount St. Mary’s and he wasn’t dressed against Florida Atlantic. On Friday, before the Hoosiers took on Jacksonville, IU released a statement saying that Hollowell was being held out “pending resolution of NCAA compliance issues“.
It appears those issues have been resolved, as Hollowell’s eligibility was reinstated on Sunday. He’ll be available on Monday when the Hoosiers travel to Iowa.
Here’s the complete statement from IU athletic director Fred Glass:
Earlier today we were advised by the NCAA that they have accepted our self-reported secondary violation involving Jeremy Hollowell and, consistent with our proposal, immediately reinstated his eligibility. He will travel with the rest of the team to Iowa and be eligible to play in that game and all other games going forward. I would like to thank the NCAA for its assistance and responsiveness, especially during this holiday season when their office is officially closed.
I also thank Jeremy Hollowell and his mother Chandra Lockett who raised this issue and have continued to be forthright and forthcoming throughout this matter. Finally, I thank our athletic department and men’s basketball staff who worked diligently and professionally to help bring this to a positive conclusion. I am proud of how Indiana University has handled this situation. We will release the details of this matter later this week. Until then we will have no further comment.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)