Dec 30, 2012, 7:57 PM EDT
Indiana freshman forward Jeremy Hollowell had missed the last three games for unspecified reasons.
He dressed but didn’t play against Mount St. Mary’s and he wasn’t dressed against Florida Atlantic. On Friday, before the Hoosiers took on Jacksonville, IU released a statement saying that Hollowell was being held out “pending resolution of NCAA compliance issues“.
It appears those issues have been resolved, as Hollowell’s eligibility was reinstated on Sunday. He’ll be available on Monday when the Hoosiers travel to Iowa.
Here’s the complete statement from IU athletic director Fred Glass:
Earlier today we were advised by the NCAA that they have accepted our self-reported secondary violation involving Jeremy Hollowell and, consistent with our proposal, immediately reinstated his eligibility. He will travel with the rest of the team to Iowa and be eligible to play in that game and all other games going forward. I would like to thank the NCAA for its assistance and responsiveness, especially during this holiday season when their office is officially closed.
I also thank Jeremy Hollowell and his mother Chandra Lockett who raised this issue and have continued to be forthright and forthcoming throughout this matter. Finally, I thank our athletic department and men’s basketball staff who worked diligently and professionally to help bring this to a positive conclusion. I am proud of how Indiana University has handled this situation. We will release the details of this matter later this week. Until then we will have no further comment.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)