Dec 30, 2012, 7:57 PM EST
Indiana freshman forward Jeremy Hollowell had missed the last three games for unspecified reasons.
He dressed but didn’t play against Mount St. Mary’s and he wasn’t dressed against Florida Atlantic. On Friday, before the Hoosiers took on Jacksonville, IU released a statement saying that Hollowell was being held out “pending resolution of NCAA compliance issues“.
It appears those issues have been resolved, as Hollowell’s eligibility was reinstated on Sunday. He’ll be available on Monday when the Hoosiers travel to Iowa.
Here’s the complete statement from IU athletic director Fred Glass:
Earlier today we were advised by the NCAA that they have accepted our self-reported secondary violation involving Jeremy Hollowell and, consistent with our proposal, immediately reinstated his eligibility. He will travel with the rest of the team to Iowa and be eligible to play in that game and all other games going forward. I would like to thank the NCAA for its assistance and responsiveness, especially during this holiday season when their office is officially closed.
I also thank Jeremy Hollowell and his mother Chandra Lockett who raised this issue and have continued to be forthright and forthcoming throughout this matter. Finally, I thank our athletic department and men’s basketball staff who worked diligently and professionally to help bring this to a positive conclusion. I am proud of how Indiana University has handled this situation. We will release the details of this matter later this week. Until then we will have no further comment.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 1
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)