Dec 30, 2012, 2:52 PM EST
Kentucky made a sly switch of free throw shooters in Saturday’s loss to Louisville, which plays out in the video below.
Here’s how the scenario played out, with help from The Big Lead:
Toward the end of the first half Saturday, Louisville guard Russ Smith fouled Nerlens Noel in the paint on a reach-in.
Noel steps to the line, but then he can be seen taking a few steps toward the Kentucky bench located off-camera. Fellow freshman Alex Poythress then steps into his spot and sinks one of two free throws.
Kentucky didn’t shoot well from the line in the game, going just 11-of-23. In the 80-77 loss, it very well could have made the difference.
Check out the video below:
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 4
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)