Dec 30, 2012, 2:52 PM EST
Kentucky made a sly switch of free throw shooters in Saturday’s loss to Louisville, which plays out in the video below.
Here’s how the scenario played out, with help from The Big Lead:
Toward the end of the first half Saturday, Louisville guard Russ Smith fouled Nerlens Noel in the paint on a reach-in.
Noel steps to the line, but then he can be seen taking a few steps toward the Kentucky bench located off-camera. Fellow freshman Alex Poythress then steps into his spot and sinks one of two free throws.
Kentucky didn’t shoot well from the line in the game, going just 11-of-23. In the 80-77 loss, it very well could have made the difference.
Check out the video below:
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game 7
- Chase for 180: Boise State rebounds from 0-3 conference start thanks to Derrick Marks 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)