Dec 30, 2012, 2:52 PM EDT
Kentucky made a sly switch of free throw shooters in Saturday’s loss to Louisville, which plays out in the video below.
Here’s how the scenario played out, with help from The Big Lead:
Toward the end of the first half Saturday, Louisville guard Russ Smith fouled Nerlens Noel in the paint on a reach-in.
Noel steps to the line, but then he can be seen taking a few steps toward the Kentucky bench located off-camera. Fellow freshman Alex Poythress then steps into his spot and sinks one of two free throws.
Kentucky didn’t shoot well from the line in the game, going just 11-of-23. In the 80-77 loss, it very well could have made the difference.
Check out the video below:
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 1
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 13
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show