Dec 30, 2012, 2:52 PM EDT
Kentucky made a sly switch of free throw shooters in Saturday’s loss to Louisville, which plays out in the video below.
Here’s how the scenario played out, with help from The Big Lead:
Toward the end of the first half Saturday, Louisville guard Russ Smith fouled Nerlens Noel in the paint on a reach-in.
Noel steps to the line, but then he can be seen taking a few steps toward the Kentucky bench located off-camera. Fellow freshman Alex Poythress then steps into his spot and sinks one of two free throws.
Kentucky didn’t shoot well from the line in the game, going just 11-of-23. In the 80-77 loss, it very well could have made the difference.
Check out the video below:
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)