Dec 30, 2012, 2:52 PM EDT
Kentucky made a sly switch of free throw shooters in Saturday’s loss to Louisville, which plays out in the video below.
Here’s how the scenario played out, with help from The Big Lead:
Toward the end of the first half Saturday, Louisville guard Russ Smith fouled Nerlens Noel in the paint on a reach-in.
Noel steps to the line, but then he can be seen taking a few steps toward the Kentucky bench located off-camera. Fellow freshman Alex Poythress then steps into his spot and sinks one of two free throws.
Kentucky didn’t shoot well from the line in the game, going just 11-of-23. In the 80-77 loss, it very well could have made the difference.
Check out the video below:
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)