Dec 31, 2012, 3:54 PM EDT
It may be New Year’s Eve, but conference realignment never sleeps.
Boise State will not be leaving the Mountain West after all. Their football program will not be heading to the Big East. Their non-football sports will not be heading to the Big West. We will not be laughing about a school being in both the Big East and the Big West. For all the details, hop on over to CollegeFootballTalk.
What this means for hoops is that the Mountain West isn’t dying, and it likely means that the Big East’s remnants won’t being joining up with the New Mexico’s and the UNLV’s of the world to form a continent-wide, all-sports league. It also means that UConn and Cincinnati are going to want to find a way into the ACC (or the Big Ten or the Big 12 or the Atlantic 10 or anywhere, really) even worse.
Nothing like ringing in the New Year with some more realignment news.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 7
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (7)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)