Dec 31, 2012, 3:54 PM EDT
It may be New Year’s Eve, but conference realignment never sleeps.
Boise State will not be leaving the Mountain West after all. Their football program will not be heading to the Big East. Their non-football sports will not be heading to the Big West. We will not be laughing about a school being in both the Big East and the Big West. For all the details, hop on over to CollegeFootballTalk.
What this means for hoops is that the Mountain West isn’t dying, and it likely means that the Big East’s remnants won’t being joining up with the New Mexico’s and the UNLV’s of the world to form a continent-wide, all-sports league. It also means that UConn and Cincinnati are going to want to find a way into the ACC (or the Big Ten or the Big 12 or the Atlantic 10 or anywhere, really) even worse.
Nothing like ringing in the New Year with some more realignment news.
- Watch live: Red Wings at Blackhawks
- Watch live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- LIVE: Third round of the HP Byron Nelson Championship
- LIVE: Pole Day of Indy 500 qualifying
- LIVE: Action from Hangtown Motocross Classic
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit