Dec 31, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT
Tennessee State knocked off Eastern Illinois in their OVC opener over the weekend, but it came at the same time as the Tigers released some bad news: star forward and NBA prospect Robert Covington will miss 4-6 weeks after having surgery on his knee to repair a torn meniscus.
Covington underwent the surgery on Friday, but he suffered the injury two weeks ago in a loss to Middle Tennessee State. The injury wasn’t initially thought to be too serious, but an MRI reveled the tear.
TSU has had a tough season, and losing Covington certainly won’t help. The Tigers were expected to be a contender in a conference that also includes Murray State and Belmont, but they went 6-7 in non-conference play.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)