Dec 31, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT
Tennessee State knocked off Eastern Illinois in their OVC opener over the weekend, but it came at the same time as the Tigers released some bad news: star forward and NBA prospect Robert Covington will miss 4-6 weeks after having surgery on his knee to repair a torn meniscus.
Covington underwent the surgery on Friday, but he suffered the injury two weeks ago in a loss to Middle Tennessee State. The injury wasn’t initially thought to be too serious, but an MRI reveled the tear.
TSU has had a tough season, and losing Covington certainly won’t help. The Tigers were expected to be a contender in a conference that also includes Murray State and Belmont, but they went 6-7 in non-conference play.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)