Dec 31, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT
Tennessee State knocked off Eastern Illinois in their OVC opener over the weekend, but it came at the same time as the Tigers released some bad news: star forward and NBA prospect Robert Covington will miss 4-6 weeks after having surgery on his knee to repair a torn meniscus.
Covington underwent the surgery on Friday, but he suffered the injury two weeks ago in a loss to Middle Tennessee State. The injury wasn’t initially thought to be too serious, but an MRI reveled the tear.
TSU has had a tough season, and losing Covington certainly won’t help. The Tigers were expected to be a contender in a conference that also includes Murray State and Belmont, but they went 6-7 in non-conference play.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)
- Former Oklahoma State guard suing university, head coach Travis Ford (2)
- Colorado State finds difficulty scheduling good non-conference games (1)