Jan 1, 2013, 9:44 AM EST
Bradley starting center Will Egolf was arrested late Monday night and booked on a charged with possession of a controlled substance, the Peoria Journal Star is reporting. According to the report, he remained in Peoria County Jail early Tuesday morning.
Egolf, a 6-9 sixth-year senior, is the team’s second-leading rebounder with 5.8 boards per game and is also averaging 8.6 points per game.
As the report points out, Bradley’s Student-Athlete Handbook classifies drug-related offenses as major violations, carrying with them a suspension of at least 10 percent of the team’s games. That could translate to a suspension of four games or more for the native of Alaska. If he is eventually convicted of the charge, he could be dismissed from the team.
Egolf was granted a sixth year of eligibility by the NCAA to compete this season after tearing his ACL twice in the first five years of his college career. His best season with Bradley came in 2010-11, when he averaged 8.0 points and 4.1 rebounds per game.
Bradley is 9-4 so far this season and faces Southern Illinois on Wednesday.
To read the rest of the Journal Star report, click here.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)