Jan 1, 2013, 9:44 AM EST
Bradley starting center Will Egolf was arrested late Monday night and booked on a charged with possession of a controlled substance, the Peoria Journal Star is reporting. According to the report, he remained in Peoria County Jail early Tuesday morning.
Egolf, a 6-9 sixth-year senior, is the team’s second-leading rebounder with 5.8 boards per game and is also averaging 8.6 points per game.
As the report points out, Bradley’s Student-Athlete Handbook classifies drug-related offenses as major violations, carrying with them a suspension of at least 10 percent of the team’s games. That could translate to a suspension of four games or more for the native of Alaska. If he is eventually convicted of the charge, he could be dismissed from the team.
Egolf was granted a sixth year of eligibility by the NCAA to compete this season after tearing his ACL twice in the first five years of his college career. His best season with Bradley came in 2010-11, when he averaged 8.0 points and 4.1 rebounds per game.
Bradley is 9-4 so far this season and faces Southern Illinois on Wednesday.
To read the rest of the Journal Star report, click here.
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 11
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Syracuse upsets No. 8 Notre Dame in an inspired ACC road effort 0
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)