Jan 1, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
Bradley starting center Will Egolf was arrested late Monday night and booked on a charged with possession of a controlled substance, the Peoria Journal Star is reporting. According to the report, he remained in Peoria County Jail early Tuesday morning.
Egolf, a 6-9 sixth-year senior, is the team’s second-leading rebounder with 5.8 boards per game and is also averaging 8.6 points per game.
As the report points out, Bradley’s Student-Athlete Handbook classifies drug-related offenses as major violations, carrying with them a suspension of at least 10 percent of the team’s games. That could translate to a suspension of four games or more for the native of Alaska. If he is eventually convicted of the charge, he could be dismissed from the team.
Egolf was granted a sixth year of eligibility by the NCAA to compete this season after tearing his ACL twice in the first five years of his college career. His best season with Bradley came in 2010-11, when he averaged 8.0 points and 4.1 rebounds per game.
Bradley is 9-4 so far this season and faces Southern Illinois on Wednesday.
To read the rest of the Journal Star report, click here.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1