Jan 1, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
Bradley starting center Will Egolf was arrested late Monday night and booked on a charged with possession of a controlled substance, the Peoria Journal Star is reporting. According to the report, he remained in Peoria County Jail early Tuesday morning.
Egolf, a 6-9 sixth-year senior, is the team’s second-leading rebounder with 5.8 boards per game and is also averaging 8.6 points per game.
As the report points out, Bradley’s Student-Athlete Handbook classifies drug-related offenses as major violations, carrying with them a suspension of at least 10 percent of the team’s games. That could translate to a suspension of four games or more for the native of Alaska. If he is eventually convicted of the charge, he could be dismissed from the team.
Egolf was granted a sixth year of eligibility by the NCAA to compete this season after tearing his ACL twice in the first five years of his college career. His best season with Bradley came in 2010-11, when he averaged 8.0 points and 4.1 rebounds per game.
Bradley is 9-4 so far this season and faces Southern Illinois on Wednesday.
To read the rest of the Journal Star report, click here.
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 2
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see (22)