Jan 1, 2013, 1:37 PM EDT
Former Seton Hall forward Herb Pope was arrested for allegedly pulling a gun on a Pittsburgh-area bar owner, CBS affiliate KDKA in Pittsburgh is reporting.
According to the report, Pope allegedly pulled the gun at the Colonial Grill in Ambridge, Penn., and spent the night in jail. Few other details were available.
Pope finished up his final year of eligibility at Seton Hall in the spring after averaging 15.1 points and 10.4 rebounds per game during his senior season. He entered the 2012 NBA Draft, but was not selected. He then signed with a professional team in Israel.
“Herb has had to overcome a number of obstacles in his quest to become a professional basketball player,” Seton Hall coach Kevin Willard said in a release at the time of his signing. “I am extremely happy that he has been able to realize this dream. We wish nothing but the best of luck to Herb and his family moving forward.”
This is not the first run-in with the law for Pope, who was arrested for DUI as a freshman at New Mexico State.
- Five-star 2015 forward Henry Ellenson working to become a more versatile player 1
- Diamond Stone discusses his package deal, recent weight loss 0
- LeBron James Skills Academy Day 1 Recap: College players shine, LeBron joins high school campers 1
- Reebok Breakout Classic Day 1 Recap: Derryck Thornton outshines Diamond Stone, Skal Labissiere 0
- Senate Commerce Committee grills NCAA president Mark Emmert 0
- July Live Period Preview: The most notable events during the summer 0
- July Live Period Preview: Eight story lines to watch the next three weeks 0
- Rashad McCants says he’s getting $310 million from UNC, NCAA (16)
- Rashad McCants says there was never a relationship between him and Roy Williams (AUDIO) (9)
- Report: Memphis football player attacked Dominic Woodson, advisor (5)
- Former NBA champion Robert Horry: ‘I hate AAU basketball’ (VIDEO) (3)
- Rick Brunson used Patrick Ewing’s name to deceive masseuse which led to his arrest (3)