Jan 1, 2013, 1:37 PM EDT
Former Seton Hall forward Herb Pope was arrested for allegedly pulling a gun on a Pittsburgh-area bar owner, CBS affiliate KDKA in Pittsburgh is reporting.
According to the report, Pope allegedly pulled the gun at the Colonial Grill in Ambridge, Penn., and spent the night in jail. Few other details were available.
Pope finished up his final year of eligibility at Seton Hall in the spring after averaging 15.1 points and 10.4 rebounds per game during his senior season. He entered the 2012 NBA Draft, but was not selected. He then signed with a professional team in Israel.
“Herb has had to overcome a number of obstacles in his quest to become a professional basketball player,” Seton Hall coach Kevin Willard said in a release at the time of his signing. “I am extremely happy that he has been able to realize this dream. We wish nothing but the best of luck to Herb and his family moving forward.”
This is not the first run-in with the law for Pope, who was arrested for DUI as a freshman at New Mexico State.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)