Jan 1, 2013, 1:37 PM EDT
Former Seton Hall forward Herb Pope was arrested for allegedly pulling a gun on a Pittsburgh-area bar owner, CBS affiliate KDKA in Pittsburgh is reporting.
According to the report, Pope allegedly pulled the gun at the Colonial Grill in Ambridge, Penn., and spent the night in jail. Few other details were available.
Pope finished up his final year of eligibility at Seton Hall in the spring after averaging 15.1 points and 10.4 rebounds per game during his senior season. He entered the 2012 NBA Draft, but was not selected. He then signed with a professional team in Israel.
“Herb has had to overcome a number of obstacles in his quest to become a professional basketball player,” Seton Hall coach Kevin Willard said in a release at the time of his signing. “I am extremely happy that he has been able to realize this dream. We wish nothing but the best of luck to Herb and his family moving forward.”
This is not the first run-in with the law for Pope, who was arrested for DUI as a freshman at New Mexico State.
- The Showdown Saturday Recap: Horace Spencer’s big summer continues 0
- adidas Unrivaled Camp Day 3 Recap: Jaylen Brown/Brandon Ingram II was special, Kobi Simmons, Deng Adel have strong days 0
- Senior guard Delon Wright, Utah aim to end NCAA tournament drought 0
- Arizona-commit Justin Simon may not be a PG, but that may not matter 1
- USA Basketball experience motivates five-star big man Chase Jeter 0
- adidas Unrivaled Camp Day 2: Chase Jeter outplays Carlton Bragg in a battle of five-star big men 0
- Five-star wing Brandon Ingram elevates his play during July 0
- Rashad McCants says he’s getting $310 million from UNC, NCAA (16)
- Rashad McCants says there was never a relationship between him and Roy Williams (AUDIO) (11)
- Report: Memphis football player attacked Dominic Woodson, advisor (5)
- Rick Brunson used Patrick Ewing’s name to deceive masseuse which led to his arrest (3)
- Report: Naadir Tharpe to turn pro (3)