Jan 1, 2013, 1:37 PM EDT
Former Seton Hall forward Herb Pope was arrested for allegedly pulling a gun on a Pittsburgh-area bar owner, CBS affiliate KDKA in Pittsburgh is reporting.
According to the report, Pope allegedly pulled the gun at the Colonial Grill in Ambridge, Penn., and spent the night in jail. Few other details were available.
Pope finished up his final year of eligibility at Seton Hall in the spring after averaging 15.1 points and 10.4 rebounds per game during his senior season. He entered the 2012 NBA Draft, but was not selected. He then signed with a professional team in Israel.
“Herb has had to overcome a number of obstacles in his quest to become a professional basketball player,” Seton Hall coach Kevin Willard said in a release at the time of his signing. “I am extremely happy that he has been able to realize this dream. We wish nothing but the best of luck to Herb and his family moving forward.”
This is not the first run-in with the law for Pope, who was arrested for DUI as a freshman at New Mexico State.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 4
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (4)