Jan 2, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Episode four of the College Basketball Podcast is here to ring in the new year. Host Troy Machir is joined by expert college hoops insider Jeff Goodman of CBSsports.com to check the pulse of the college basketball world.
The show opens up with a reminder of the podcast’s core values: We’re here to talk hoops. We didn’t bring Jeff on to ask him about his Christmas presents or his New Years plans. The CBT Podcast is dubbed “The best 30 minutes in college basketball” for a reason.
We dive right in to recapping the action and setting the tables for conference play. The Big-10, Big East and SEC are all discussed and Jeff tries his best to predict the top-5 in each conference.
But the overarching theme of the podcast is “leadership”. Michigan State is trying to replace Draymond Green, one of the greatest leaders in college hoops history. Louisville, who Jeff still thinks is the best team in the country, has a terrific leader in senior guard Peyton Siva. Across the state in Lexington, the Wildcats are looking for leadership out of freshman Alex Poythress, who has struggled recently to get himself involved in important moments in games.
Finally, we hand out some awards for the first two months. You will be surprised to hear who Jeff thinks is “most improved”.
So if you’re ready for the best 30 minutes in college basketball, click “play” or open the link below and let’s get things started.
What did you think about the podcast? Have a question you want featured on the next episode? Have suggestions about the format? Let Troy Machir know by contacting him on Twitter at @TroyMachir
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)