Jan 2, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Episode four of the College Basketball Podcast is here to ring in the new year. Host Troy Machir is joined by expert college hoops insider Jeff Goodman of CBSsports.com to check the pulse of the college basketball world.
The show opens up with a reminder of the podcast’s core values: We’re here to talk hoops. We didn’t bring Jeff on to ask him about his Christmas presents or his New Years plans. The CBT Podcast is dubbed “The best 30 minutes in college basketball” for a reason.
We dive right in to recapping the action and setting the tables for conference play. The Big-10, Big East and SEC are all discussed and Jeff tries his best to predict the top-5 in each conference.
But the overarching theme of the podcast is “leadership”. Michigan State is trying to replace Draymond Green, one of the greatest leaders in college hoops history. Louisville, who Jeff still thinks is the best team in the country, has a terrific leader in senior guard Peyton Siva. Across the state in Lexington, the Wildcats are looking for leadership out of freshman Alex Poythress, who has struggled recently to get himself involved in important moments in games.
Finally, we hand out some awards for the first two months. You will be surprised to hear who Jeff thinks is “most improved”.
So if you’re ready for the best 30 minutes in college basketball, click “play” or open the link below and let’s get things started.
What did you think about the podcast? Have a question you want featured on the next episode? Have suggestions about the format? Let Troy Machir know by contacting him on Twitter at @TroyMachir
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)