Jan 2, 2013, 7:49 PM EDT
Victor Dukes isn’t a well-known recruit.
He doesn’t have a profile on Rivals, Scout or ESPN, and back in 2012, I doubt that there were many people outside of Nettleton High School that would have heard of the 6-foot-3 guard.
That’s not surprising for Dukes, however.
He is only a high school sophomore after all, which makes the way that he rang in the New Year all the more impressive.
Because Dukes gave us the new gold standard for getting posterized. Just watch, and grab the popcorn:
Here’s another angle:
Not only did Dukes have so much force behind the penetration that it looks like he gave the kid trying to take a charge a concussion, he did it while jumping over said help defender and GETTING HIS HEAD ABOVE THE RIM!!!
My favorite part is the guy you can hear yelling “That’s a charge!!!” You’re not getting that call, bro.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 1
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 5
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was (5)