Jan 2, 2013, 7:49 PM EDT
Victor Dukes isn’t a well-known recruit.
He doesn’t have a profile on Rivals, Scout or ESPN, and back in 2012, I doubt that there were many people outside of Nettleton High School that would have heard of the 6-foot-3 guard.
That’s not surprising for Dukes, however.
He is only a high school sophomore after all, which makes the way that he rang in the New Year all the more impressive.
Because Dukes gave us the new gold standard for getting posterized. Just watch, and grab the popcorn:
Here’s another angle:
Not only did Dukes have so much force behind the penetration that it looks like he gave the kid trying to take a charge a concussion, he did it while jumping over said help defender and GETTING HIS HEAD ABOVE THE RIM!!!
My favorite part is the guy you can hear yelling “That’s a charge!!!” You’re not getting that call, bro.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)