Jan 2, 2013, 7:49 PM EST
Victor Dukes isn’t a well-known recruit.
He doesn’t have a profile on Rivals, Scout or ESPN, and back in 2012, I doubt that there were many people outside of Nettleton High School that would have heard of the 6-foot-3 guard.
That’s not surprising for Dukes, however.
He is only a high school sophomore after all, which makes the way that he rang in the New Year all the more impressive.
Because Dukes gave us the new gold standard for getting posterized. Just watch, and grab the popcorn:
Here’s another angle:
Not only did Dukes have so much force behind the penetration that it looks like he gave the kid trying to take a charge a concussion, he did it while jumping over said help defender and GETTING HIS HEAD ABOVE THE RIM!!!
My favorite part is the guy you can hear yelling “That’s a charge!!!” You’re not getting that call, bro.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)