Jan 4, 2013, 8:53 PM EST
Hawaii junior guard, Garrett Jefferson only played nine minutes and scored his only two points of the night at the buzzer. In a night when one buzzer beater out west was waved off, Jefferson, the reserve guard, went coast to coast hitting a floater in the lane to beat Cal State Fullerton 90-88 Thursday night in Hawaii (video below).
Cal State Fullerton was trailing 88-85 when D.J. Seeley hit a 3-pointer to tie. Jefferson took the inbound pass, which was nearly stolen, and was able to get down the floor, side-step a defender, as he threw up the game winner from the foul line.
A tough shot made by Jefferson as his body was carrying him toward the left of the basket when he threw up the shot.
Jefferson is averaging under two points per game (1.7) for Hawaii. The Warriors improved to 8-5 (2-0 Big West), while the Titans fell to 7-6 (1-1).
(Photo courtesy of Hawaii Athletics)
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)