Jan 4, 2013, 8:53 PM EDT
Hawaii junior guard, Garrett Jefferson only played nine minutes and scored his only two points of the night at the buzzer. In a night when one buzzer beater out west was waved off, Jefferson, the reserve guard, went coast to coast hitting a floater in the lane to beat Cal State Fullerton 90-88 Thursday night in Hawaii (video below).
Cal State Fullerton was trailing 88-85 when D.J. Seeley hit a 3-pointer to tie. Jefferson took the inbound pass, which was nearly stolen, and was able to get down the floor, side-step a defender, as he threw up the game winner from the foul line.
A tough shot made by Jefferson as his body was carrying him toward the left of the basket when he threw up the shot.
Jefferson is averaging under two points per game (1.7) for Hawaii. The Warriors improved to 8-5 (2-0 Big West), while the Titans fell to 7-6 (1-1).
(Photo courtesy of Hawaii Athletics)
- Former Villanova guard headed to Oregon for final season 0
- Looking Forward: Seven coaches who’ll enter 2015-16 on the ‘hot seat’ 1
- Looking Forward: The eight most intriguing coaching hires of 2015 2
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ 6
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 8
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 (8)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ (6)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (5)